• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan going for GM job

Jmac

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

Sounds eerily familiar like what we said about Fitterer after Rhule was fired.

Clean house.

We also said the same thing when Gettleman was fired. We as fans don’t really know poo when it comes to GMs and even worse Asst GMs. 

I don't know because I have no idea what all Morgan has done in house.

I personally wouldn't mind a house cleaning, but I don't want it to be a throwing the baby out with the bathwater situation like Brandon Bean where we didn't know what we had until he was gone.

• Pie 4

14 minutes ago, Jmac said:

He will interview for the position..

Yay or nay as GM?

I hope they interview him just to clown him during the entire process. 

He needed to have his security pass revoked at the same time Fitterer's was. 

1 minute ago, countryboi said:

We also said the same thing when Gettleman was fired. We as fans don’t really know poo when it comes to GMs and even worse Asst GMs. 

That's true but I would argue Beane is more of an outlier.

As far as Morgan removing the emotional attachment revolving around his history as a Panthers player all we have to go on is his involvement here and Buffalo. If we are to go the glass half full approach we would say his time with the Bills says we should take a shot on him because he was involved at some level in some very solid roster building. On the flip side we said the same thing about Fitterer when we snagged him from Seattle.

It's a crapshoot.

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So I suggested elsewhere that rather than be GM, Morgan could be a good person for the role Joe Person has talked about, i.e. an ego handler and a go-between for Tepper and team personnel.

I'm probably more comfortable with that idea.

I think part of the problem is too many voices and cooks in the kitchen.  The new GM needs to be able to handle personnel, draft, cap and say no to Tepper. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think they had to give him the courtesy of an interview.  It is hard to justify an internal hire during a house cleaning, but we shall see.  I like what I hear, but I would want to hear from outsiders.  Sometimes serving in a toxic environment does not give you experience.  It will be interesting, but I would love to see him serving in some capacity that influences personnel, based on what I know of his performance in that area.

I do not know if our scouts were terrible or that the front office did not listen to their recommendations, so his relationship with scouting is important one way or another.

Seriously, every single scout for the Carolina Panthers should be fired this offseason.

Every. Single. One. 

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, NAS said:

I think part of the problem is too many voices and cooks in the kitchen.  The new GM needs to be able to handle personnel, draft, cap and say no to Tepper. 

That last part is the hard thing.

Potentially easier if there's someone to do it for them.

11 minutes ago, NAS said:

I would give Dan a chance, he's got enough experience at this point and my sources say he's the only one in the room with balls to disagree with Tepper.

I know Morgan and his wife pretty well. Morgan (or his wife) is not the type to not say what they think. They are great people. I highly respect and admire them both.

That said, it’s always hard for be to believe the best possible candidate is already in the building as this franchise has tried to sell for a while now and it never works out.

Nay. 

I want to quit hanging on to parts of failed and joke eras.  Fitt should of been gone with Rhule.  The top of the entire team needs to go.  Morgan is part of that.  Maybe Morgan is great.  I don't see the point of gambling with it. 

• Flames 1