• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR Room Overhaul

ncfan

We need at least 2 difference making WRs, a really good TE, a LT, G and C, and a RB.  Gonna take more than 1 offseason without a miracle.

I am totally ok with patience if we can fill positions with top notch players.  

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

We need to move on from Higgins...I don't see Cincy not franchising him. 

Likely FA Options: Evans or Ridley. Either would be amazing. Ridley is my FA crush. His speed, separation, route running and YAC is exactly what BY9 needs.

Draft at 33: Worthy, Franklin, Mitchell, Polk

If we go OL at 33 and wait until 65: McMillan or Cowing

• Pie 3

5 hours ago, Kentucky Panther said:

Sign Evans and Higgins.  Keep Thielen and Mingo. Draft a rookie or two. 

Well, aside from spending $40M a year on WRs for noodle arm, why draft 2 rookie WRs if we keep Thielen and Mingo as well?

I can assure you that Evans and Higgins aren’t signing 1-2 year deals.

I want to draft a rookie, preferably at 33. It looks like a deep WR class so we could get a guy who would have gone in the 1st in most drafts, like last year when reached for Mingo in a great TE class. If we can get a Downs/Dell type in the 4th (possible again due to deep class), I would be happy with that too.

I’d rather not spend much cap at all on expensive FAs. Keep Thielen and develop 1-2 rookies plus Mingo so they are ready to be solid starters when we find our real franchise QB. Rollover cap to 2025/2026 to splurge on FAs hopefully after a couple solid drafts and a new QB.

• Pie 1

Get rid of everyone except Mingo.

We can afford to pay the premium it would take to make a premier WR want to consider our shitty team and shitty offense. Huddle is always hilarious when it comes to landing WRs in the off season. “Why don’t we just trade for Chase, and Jefferson and sign Evans and Higgins?”

I’d sign Dortch or Ritchie James as a cheap slot guy. They both do just fine when they get playing time. I would sign Ridley. He is good enough to be a WR1 on a team and might go under the radar with a hand full of other bigger names in FA. Throw a draft pick at one and hope we land someone talented for once.

7 hours ago, Kentucky Panther said:

Sign Evans and Higgins.  Keep Thielen and Mingo. Draft a rookie or two. 

yeah it's really not that far away if we're willing to spend the money there. we could go from last to 16-20ish range by doing what you said

2 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

The Michael Pittman disrespect in here…

Dude reminds me of Nuk Hopkins or DJ Moore. Not in a talent, skill or size aspect but just the fact they all put up big numbers year after year with average QB's. MPJ is definitely underrated. 

Edited by TEClemson53

8 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Does the Tampa OC hire means we have a legit shot at Mike Evans?

Unless Mine Evans has given up on his career and just wants to collect a paycheck I don’t think there’s any way he’d sign with the worst organization in the NFL. Evans has a real shot to break some NFL receiving records.

5 hours ago, Kentucky Panther said:

How I picture you responded to those three sentences 

image.gif.2f60af23930585f0c990167787dacd84.gif

Honestly I was just kinda surprised you wrote that. Do you have an arguments to my points made? Not even tryna be a dick, maybe I’m missing something.

6 hours ago, Newbie said:

I like everything you said except keep Mingo. 

I think people are trying to create imaginary narratives about Mingo in order to be gratuitously negative. Mingo's rookie year wasn't great but it wasn't terrible (which is a miracle considering the circumstances). He just needs to keep developing. He can probably be an effective chain mover.

• Pie 4