• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should the Panthers trade Jaycee Horn?

hepcat

All this talk about the CMC trade has got me thinking - should the Panthers trade Jaycee Horn? What could they get in return?

Don't get me wrong, Horn is a very good player, when he's on the field. The problem is, Horn has only played in 22 of 51 possible games (43%) for the Panthers. 

Is the value there to make a trade? He's heading into his 4th season, and the Panthers will need to decide if they pick up his 5th year option this offseason. 

The Panthers have so many needs on the roster, and still fielded a stout defense without Horn on the field most of the season. If they can recoup a 1st round pick for him or multiple high draft picks, I think you have to consider trading him. 

I wouldn’t be opposed. Availability is a big deal. Love him as a player but maybe his body can’t handle the NFL. Not to mention he’s probably be training for this his whole life. Maybe his body was overworked as an adolescent or teenager. Just thinking out loud. 

If someone would give us a first for him? Absolutely.

I'd even take an early second.

He has never been reliable. I don't see that changing. First round pick would be more valuable.

Less than that, though, ride with it and hope he quits breaking. I really don't see that happening though. He's going to just spend his whole contract here being talented and sidelined.

• Pie 3

Yes. A 5th round pick that is healthy has a better shot at contributing. Get something now before he goes on IR again and they get nothing. He hasn't even played 50% of the games his entire career and . If they can get a 5th just take it. He played in 6 games last year, hell take a 7th at this point.

First question you got to ask is.....should the Panthers extend him to a fat healthy contract given his injury history?  

If the answer is no or BUT only if he plays for a cheap deal....then a rebuilding team should flat out trade people that aren't part of the future IMO pending a good deal could get made.  

• Pie 2