• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales "I'd like to take the pressure off the quarterback to be a part of what the offense is doing rather than a feature of it"

rayzor

1 hour ago, TN05 said:

It's all relative. Would 2013-2017 have been better if we went 9-7 but missed the playoffs in 2014? Not really, no. Would have been worse. Playoffs are all that matter. 

No, what matters is simply being legit. Legit franchises seem to make the playoffs more times than not. They may have an off year here or there, but the playoffs are an expectation--a floor--a given. We simply need to be legit.

8 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

If you don't trust him , then why not cut him and let Dalton , a QB who has led a team to the playoffs ,manage your run first offense 

Why must we watch this dead horse get kicked for 17 more games

Honestly, he may be the easiest way to get the number 1 pick in 25'. 

• Pie 1

On 2/28/2024 at 1:21 PM, PghPanther said:

Translation: (when facing the fact that he has to start out using Young for the 2024 season)  "I'd like the QB to be a game manager" 

What a mess...............different coach still a mess.

yeah, canales should have fixed it all by now. 

• Pie 1

On 2/28/2024 at 7:34 AM, BrianS said:

No we didn't.  The separation of our WR's was largely equivalent to some very highly rated receivers like Justin Jefferson, CeeDee Lamb, Jordan Addison, Stefon Diggs and Rashid Shaheed.  One of our problems was that our QB didn't view that separation as "open", when in fact it was "NFL open".

Bryce supporter think that the separation in the NFL is beating your man by 5 - 10 yards and the o line is supposed to block for 5 plus seconds. They are still caught up in what they watched at Alabama.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

to me that makes sense to do with a rookie, CJ stroud is the exception to the rule. Now the hope is your QB develops enough to be able to elevate the offense. I don't think that's impossible for Bryce to do but I think his margin to achieve that is vanishingly narrow 

On 2/27/2024 at 7:22 PM, top dawg said:

Blah blah blah. In theory that sounds wonderful, but If you don't have a legit---and I mean LEGIT--- franchise QB, you ain't winning any hardware. 

Trent Dilfer won a SB so it’s possible we can with Young. Manning beat us with a noodle arm.

6 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Trent Dilfer won a SB so it’s possible we can with Young. Manning beat us with a noodle arm.

Dilfer was from a different NFL era.   Winning then and now is different. 

Peyton got benched in season and was awful in the SB.   The refs ain’t going to win a game for us so a historical QB we don’t have can go out with a storybook ending 

33 minutes ago, bandu said:

he's already admitting that last year's #1 overall pick should just be a part of the offense oh boy that says a mouth full...just saying

True true, if it’s a DE or something picked #1 they are expected to be the man. Not “just a part of the defense” If they don’t make the team better they are considered a bust at that high of a pick 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

True true, if it’s a DE or something picked #1 they are expected to be the man. Not “just a part of the defense” If they don’t make the team better they are considered a bust at that high of a pick 

yeah the #1 overall pick should  be an elite playernot just another one of the guys

Edited by bandu

40 minutes ago, bandu said:

he's already admitting that last year's #1 overall pick should just be a part of the offense oh boy that says a mouth full...just saying

I mean Sean Payton says the same thing....your QB needs to do his part and make a couple of special plays a game. Canals even directly quoted this when talking about his philsophy.  People are so obtuse.

He is saying : Im going to design the offense to work for Bryce and I then need him to operate it without feeling like you HAVE to carry it and then trying to play hero ball. 

• Beer 1