• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns Officially Traded

shaq

4 minutes ago, ichigo1057 said:

Five year deal worth $150 Million Max with 87.5 Mill guaranteed. Too steep a price for me. I'll begrudgingly take the 2nd and whatever 5th we got plus the $24 Mill we free up from his Franchise Tag and move on. Atleast the drama from his contract poo is done and over with.

Very true! Well said...

We could’ve had two first rounders a year ago and now we only get a 2nd and 5th?  All of our good players gone in a couple years time. This franchise is ridiculous. We are the laughing stock of the league. 

22 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Were you hoping we all forgot how much you defended the decision not to trade Burns for 2 1sts and a 2nd at the time? And attacking people who were criticizing the non-trade? Or are you considering yourself one of these Fitterer apologists we’re supposed to dunk on?

That dude is the king of always leaving an out for himself so he can come back and walk back what he said when it ends up wrong 

If Dan is any good at the draft, they can pull 2 starters with this trade. Starting OL and WR, for a decent pass rusher that's bad against the run. Remind me again how much Burns has impacted games since being drafted. I honestly can't remember any games he took over. He isn't Peppers, Charles Johnson or Greg Hardy. He was never that guy in Carolina. Maybe he can improve in NY, but this isn't the huge loss to the defense some are making it out to be. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

That dude is the king of always leaving an out for himself so he can come back and walk back what he said when it ends up wrong 

Aren't you the guy who came at my neck multiple times for speaking the truth about Bryce Young last year?

You're welcome to go back and read the threads about the offer at the time yourself. Two of the 3 most sought after positions then and now remain QB's and pass rushers.

The issue isn't just that we turned down the trade for picks that were years away. It's that our former GM went completely stupid and kept one upping himself with all in moves one after the other until he finally got the first overall pick and managed to take the wrong QB. Burns now no matter how one may feel about him is still worth at least one first round pick. No team would give us that because they've seen us give away other players for mediocre return and they know we are absolutely desperate to fix the QB we just drafted. You know. The one you defended tooth and nail.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Herb said:

We could’ve had two first rounders a year ago and now we only get a 2nd and 5th?  All of our good players gone in a couple years time. This franchise is ridiculous. We are the laughing stock of the league. 

those future 1st would have been in the deal for Chicago trade and DJ Moore would still be here under a decent contract