• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jadeveon Clowney visiting Panthers

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

He had a helluva year under McDonald and we desperately need another outside backer. I'd much rather have Clowney than Chase Young.

Agreed and he will surely want to play well coming home to the Carolinas 

Just now, Jesse said:

He had a helluva year under McDonald and we desperately need another outside backer. I'd much rather have Clowney than Chase Young.

Probably should go after both. We need at least two veteran pass rushers.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

I like it. He's definitely on the regression side of his career, but still a quality pass rusher with plenty of juice left. I'd try to lock him up on a reasonable 3-year contract so we still have him once we have a complete team, and we may be able to make a run at the playoffs with him. Absolutely no reason to pick him up on a 1-year rental when everyone knows we're not making waves for the next year or two.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

Meh…why not if reasonably priced. 

I doubt it will be reasonable. I liked that we seemed to be officially tanking but if we start signing 1-2 year deals for older vets that aren’t long term, we are just right back to the 5-7 win range screwing if draft slots when we need that. 

• Pie 2