• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Gallup to visit with Panthers

19 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Just play ISM, he's younger and faster, hungrier, cheaper

Bro... this!!!   Dude needs to be incorporated  in our offense. Every pass that Bryce made to him, he turned it into a positive play!! 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

On 3/18/2024 at 8:47 AM, Lurk21 said:

Bro... this!!!   Dude needs to be incorporated  in our offense. Every pass that Bryce made to him, he turned it into a positive play!! 

Agreed. I want to see what he could do with REGULAR snaps. He looked good in very limited snaps.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 3/18/2024 at 8:47 AM, Lurk21 said:

and he consistently got separation. and he consistently broke tackles. big play receiver that can't get a chance. thinking maybe he has a hard time picking up the offense. otherwise, WTF!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 3/16/2024 at 7:50 PM, ECHornet said:

That’s not a terrible throw. It’s Mingo having some of the worst field awareness since Dan Orlovsky was playing QB. 

On 3/17/2024 at 1:13 PM, fanpanther said:

Leading the receiver towards the sideline allowing him to drag his feet and make the catch low and away .  The pass was behind the wr causing him to try and stop or reach back making it a tough catch but still should have been caught . Tough throw also but one 1st overall pick should make.   Both seem terrible maybe this year will be better if not both should be gone. 

Well, the NFL analyst who actually tweeted out the clip that was linked in here has an opinion on that:

image.png.4d985ace3ae56d3d1c2b95cb997cfb6d.png

I'm inclined to agree with him since Mingo is just sprinting full speed towards the sideline.  Sure, if Bryce had an absolute rocket launcher of an arm then he probably could've snuck that inbounds while also leading Mingo, but realistically speaking...that looked like a lack of awareness to me.  It wouldn't be the first or second time Mingo was criticized for lack of awareness during the season.  But beyond that, I think the bigger picture is that Bryce and the WRs largely didn't seem to be on the same page other than Thielen.  I still think Bryce is the type of QB who needs good route runners with good awareness who he has rapport with.  Guys who he trusts to be where he expects them to be when he releases the football.

Hes not the same since the ACL two years ago, but he'd still be the starter on this team.

He did play in 50% of last year's snaps, that's a great sign. 

Panthers need alllllllll the help possible, they are not in the position to be picky. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

But beyond that, I think the bigger picture is that Bryce and the WRs largely didn't seem to be on the same page other than Thielen.  I still think Bryce is the type of QB who needs good route runners with good awareness who he has rapport with.  Guys who he trusts to be where he expects them to be when he releases the football.

Was Bryce Young not allowed to put in extra time developing a rapport with his wide receivers?

Let's hope that's changed for 2024.

• Flames 1