• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Unnecessary Bluntness: Do Panthers already have a draft crush?

Different dots being connected for X (and, yes, that's his nickname).

When put all together like this, how can you not think that something is up? We at least have a keen interest.

No wonder we have an interest if he was all that at the Reese's Senior Bowl.

Sorry if this tweet has been posted before, but I didn't see it. 

It's impressive. But, just like Aaron Duncan said, Legette is somewhat polarizing. He's not really polarizing for me though. Big, fast, can jump out the gym. Good hands. A little shorter than originally advertised, but that vert and prowess at the catch point is awesome. Just saying. He definitely has that Dawg in him as indicated by his play during his senior season. 

On an off note: I happen to know a guy from Mullins. He's country, but he doesn't sound like X.

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

53 minutes ago, top dawg said:

When put all together like this, how can you not think that something is up? We at least have a keen interest.

It's impressive. But, just like Aaron Duncan said, Legette is somewhat polarizing. He's not really polarizing for me though. Big, fast, can jump out the gym. Good hands. A little shorter than originally advertised, but that vert and prowess at the catch point is awesome. Just saying. He definitely has that Dawg in him as indicated by his play during his senior season. 

On an off note: I happen to know a guy from Mullins. He's country, but he doesn't sound like X.

Hes fast in a straight line running 40 yards untouched.  Hes not quick, nor good at change of direction.  He has short arms and small hands for his size and wasnt a good route runner and routinely relied on making contested catches because he didnt get seperation in college.  This would be such a panthers wr pick. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 2

Im sold on him the most out of all the receivers projected to go later in the draft besides Mitchell. Yes it would suck if he ended going in the first but on flip side that would just mean somebody else with a high grade dropped.

Edited by CPF4LIFE

42 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Would love this guy, but will he still be on the board?

I feel like a lot of these WRs will be off the board by the time we pick.

Buffalo/KC/Dallas are teams that could go WR at the end of the 1st. 

0 mocks with XL in the first. Wonder why

6 hours ago, top dawg said:

Country??

They are gonna be using subtitles on national broadcasts for his interviews.

If we need an X, I'd rather have Keon Coleman. He seems to have that short area quickness that will work better for the Bryce offense. Still get a physical guy that do contested catches but doesn't need a runway like Legette and Tez Walker to take advantage of their speed. 

He's one of a group of maybe 10 I would love to pick up in the 2nd round.

I'm not going to hate on it. He's exciting to watch. He could very well be the pick.

Abd of course half would hate it. But half would hate every pick just because the panthers made it. Y'all are just that predictable.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

He had me at the accent lol.  Not really.

I don't know how to scout for the NFL.  The fact it took a while in college before it clicked can be good (development) or bad (flash in the pan).  Seems like a good kid.

If we do, great, I hope he's successful.  If not, best wishes to him regardless.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

SC Fans, why did he do literally nothing for 3 years then explode onto the scene his senior season?

I live in Columbia, SC. He was a dual threat QB coming out of high school that played receiver too. He was  rated as an athlete coming out of highschool so he had learning to do in terms of positional nuances. He didn’t convert completely to wideout until his sophomore year in college I believe. 

Edited by Beast_3000
  • Pie 5

We can have all the crushes we want in this draft. The problem is that we'll still be outside trying to get past the bouncers while everyone else is hitting them up.

We aren't getting any VIP treatment this time, there will be no tableside champagne service and the bar will be crowded four deep before we get in the door. 

saturday night live 90s GIF

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

Hes fast in a straight line running 40 yards untouched.  Hes not quick, nor good at change of direction.  He has short arms and small hands for his size and wasnt a good route runner and routinely relied on making contested catches because he didnt get seperation in college.  This would be such a panthers wr pick. 

Mingo 2.0

• Pie 2
  • Beer 5