• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Morgan kicking arse and taking names

Jmac

2 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

This is what I keep saying. Do people just love to wallow in misery? Find something to do that makes you happy folks. 

Some of you spout negativity with every post. If I was like that I think I’d avoid coming here. If you’re so convinced we will suck, go find something else to do. 

Hey man, if pretending the team is something they are not is what you need to get you out there and supporting then do that.

But don’t act like folks who are being realistic are somehow less of a fan than you are. That’s childish.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

20 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

Hey man, if pretending the team is something they are not is what you need to get you out there and supporting then do that.

But don’t act like folks who are being realistic are somehow less of a fan than you are. That’s childish.

Yeah if they could fill the stadium up with fans content on losing they wouldn't upgrade anything. The current obstacle is getting Tepper to get over his Bryce obsession and just field a legit football team. I hope if Bryce is clearly not it that he can allow the coach and gm to move on by week 7 or whatever when he let Reich go and we can actually move forward for real

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, mc52beast said:

I’m trusting that Evero can take this D and mold it into something special. Look at what he had to do last year with a literal MASH unit. 

Im concerned about Canales and how he will handle HC duties. He’s a proven QB whisperer but i wasn’t really impressed by his offense in TB. 

It was an offense expected to do little with Baker Mayfield...who was again competing with Trask.

Canales coached an offense that turned Bakers career around, and won a playoff game for a conservative DEFENSIVE minded coach in Bowles. 

I don't have unrealistic high hopes, but I do have optimism in the chance to see more competent offensive play. We lost so many games last year simply due to offensive ineptitude. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

It was an offense expected to do little with Baker Mayfield...who was again competing with Trask.

Canales coached an offense that turned Bakers career around, and won a playoff game for a conservative DEFENSIVE minded coach in Bowles. 

I don't have unrealistic high hopes, but I do have optimism in the chance to see more competent offensive play. We lost so many games last year simply due to offensive ineptitude. 

Eh, Baker's numbers were really back to where they were his first 3 years in Cleveland, he had the serious shoulder injury in 2021, then dealt with this utter crapshow here in 2022 before immediately looking better with McVay that same season. Maybe Canales had a lot to do with that last year and maybe not, but it's not like Baker reached some new astronomical height.

2 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

people will look at the overall production in their offense, especially in regards to the run game. he inherited a running game that was horrible and over the course of the year slowly got them up to respectable. he kept at it until they got it and sometimes that's what you have to do. I think he'll do the same thing here. We might not see dramatic improvements for the first half season, but as people finally have t light click on to what is expected of them things will get better.

15 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Baker's career didn't turn around.  Baker was Baker in Tampa.  Baker was Baker in LA.  Baker was Baker in Clev.  The only unique thing.....was when Baker came to Carolina.  The team that even made Sam Darnold worse than NY Sam. 

They were the 20th ranked O.  They were bottom half of the league in yards and points.  

4 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

There will be massive homers on this site thinking the panthers will go 10-7.  Just wait. I bet this team doesn’t win 4 games with Young at QB

We got 5 maybe 6 depending on how healthy we can stay IMO but DC saying we can contend for the division is just crazy talk and I get he is positive but damn dude you need to read the room

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1

I think it’s fine for me personally to be satisfied with the moves as long as expectations are tempered. On paper it looks good. 

On defense the Panthers traded  away “best” defensive asset on the team but the defense still looks like it should be able to perform at the same or better level.  While there are no on field everything looks positive so far. 

On offense there were glaring holes in protecting your QB and have made additions to protect your QB.    If you go in a different direction and move on from Bryce that foundation should be good for the next guy.  

I like the moves and think there is a plan to this but they still need to hit in the draft and it's a given that all of this still needs to equate to field execution and game success.  I think this is still a bad football team but they are a better than last year and things are looking up.

• Pie 2

32 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We got 5 maybe 6 depending on how healthy we can stay IMO but DC saying we can contend for the division is just crazy talk and I get he is positive but damn dude you need to read the room

contending for the division isn't that outrageous when you consider just how bad the division typically is. we've had teams win it with just 7 wins. bar isn't exactly all that high. 

It looks good so far but yes we thought last year was good too.  I don't really feel like the season is going to be about wins but more about "how" we play the game and more importantly how Bryce plays.  We're giving him a better cast than last year to see what we really have.  If we're terrible again, we can draft another QB.  I'd be excited winning 5 games to be honest but just hope we play well in the losses.  I mean I don't think we can get worse than last year anyway.