• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you risk early pick on Peyton Wilson?

Jmac

As the draft draws near, trying to get all my ducks in a row about the picks.  Wilson is a very good line backer. Problem is he may be a big risk with his injury history.

Would you choose him in the 2nd or hope he falls, or not at all.I have a feeling our ex-middle lB in the front office may want to fill this need with a strong talent.

Opinions??

• Pie 1

I would. The greatest middle linebackers in Panther history have all had issues with injury, effectively ending all their careers (Morgan, Beason, Luke). He'd fit right in so long as he can be effective when healthy and be mostly available. 

Edited by Manna
  • Pie 3

Too be honest...No. I like him but i like Cooper better and also i dont see LB as a high enough need for early pick compared to other positions. I would go receiver maybe even DL or corner over LB early.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Manna said:

I would. The greatest middle linebackers in Panther history have all had issues with injury, effectively ending all their careers (Morgan, Beason, Luke). He'd fit right in so long as he can be effective when healthy and be mostly available. 

To be fair, none of those guys had injury issues before getting to the NFL

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Too be honest...No. I like him but i like Cooper better and also i dont see LB as a high enough need for early pick compared to other positions. I would go receiver maybe even DL or corner over LB early.

We thought this in 2012 as well but worked out pretty well for us

I thought we were all talking BPA? If he's there and no one we like better (not reaching for a need) then I'd take him, because with this D Line on paper, he would be absolutely feasting out there, and a long term solution to 1/3rd of the linebacker issue is locked up for a lil bit. I say that while still thinking there BET not be a WR we love sitting there. BPA but what we need are weapons first and foremost. Defense can be improved later