• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Scott Fitterer draft any good players?

Real question that we will obviously have to wait a few more years to answer. But have the Panthers actually “hit” on a player since the Hurney days? Horn I guess is good but very injury prone. Outside of him, Brady Christensen I guess? Otherwise it’s mediocrity to downright sh*t.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Real question that we will obviously have to wait a few more years to answer. But have the Panthers actually “hit” on a player since the Hurney days? Horn I guess is good but very injury prone. Outside of him, Brady Christensen I guess? Otherwise it’s mediocrity to downright sh*t.

Nobody would listen to me back then. I'm getting used to it now.

• Beer 2

Horn is elite when healthy and was the right pick. He’s better than Surtain and the injuries couldn’t be predicted. Ickey is really good, one down year in a clusterfug of bad coaching and Mr. No Pocket Presence doesn’t change that. I’m confident he’ll get back on track. Christiansen and Chuba are decent. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 4

8 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Horn is elite when healthy and was the right pick. He’s better than Surtain and the injuries couldn’t be predicted. Ickey is really good, one down year in a clusterfug of bad coaching and Mr. No Pocket Presence doesn’t change that. I’m confident he’ll get back on track. Christiansen and Chuba are decent. 

There's no way at this moment I would consider Ickey "really good". Even in his rookie season he struggled mightily in pass protection. 

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, The Natural said:

There's no way at this moment I would consider Ickey "really good". Even in his rookie season he struggled mightily in pass protection. 

I’m not really sure where the “he was so great as a rookie” narrative came from. 

If cj Henderson didn’t exist he would’ve been the goat of that second Tampa game in which he had a number of key whiffs. 

obviously as a rookie you overlook it but then he was horrid last season.

Hes physically talented and the option always exists to kick him inside (or does it?) but I have concerns. He was a key conduit for how bad the line and the offense was last season.

• Beer 1

Other than Luvu what free agent players did Fitterer sign that were any good?  He did not draft well and did not sign good players either. One reason why the Panthers have been terrible the past 4+ years. 

• Beer 1

Short answer:  No.

Long answer:  It would be Horn if he could actually stay healthy.  He has been good when on the field, but he hasn't really played enough for us to know how good he is.  Has he really been challenged yet?  Regardless, only hitting on 1 player is atrocious.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2