• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Rizzuti's realistic Panthers 7-round mock draft

charlie campbell who is usually very well in tuned with the panthers even through owner and GM changes has us targeting a WR and CB in the 2nd round. So its not far off, however I would hate passing on one of the top 3 centers in this class when we have the opportunity to make our interior OL super solid

• Pie 3

13 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

charlie campbell who is usually very well in tuned with the panthers even through owner and GM changes has us targeting a WR and CB in the 2nd round. So its not far off, however I would hate passing on one of the top 3 centers in this class when we have the opportunity to make our interior OL super solid

Same with Charlotte Observer's own Mike Gay I mean Mike Kaye 

58 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

I like the centers that will available in the later rounds as well. But JPJ falls it would be hard to pass up in the second.

54 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

I agree with you although I guess it depends on whether or not they believe that an available center is worthy of being picked at #33. As for McKinstry, I believe he is a solid get at #33.  

He has Carolina taking Cooper at #65 but I think he'll be gone.   

I don’t know I’m so hopeful but really hoping for great return on these 2nd rounders this year.  After seeing what Detroit got last year out of Laporta at 34 and Branch at 45 I for some reason have talked myself into thinking this regime can extract the same value with 33/39. Silly me I know. At some point we have to flip the script right?

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, PappyMay said:

I don’t know I’m so hopeful but really hoping for great return on these 2nd rounders this year.  After seeing what Detroit got last year out of Laporta at 34 and Branch at 45 I for some reason have talked myself into thinking this regime can extract the same value with 33/39. Silly me I know. At some point we have to flip the script right?

Just gotta be law of averages eventually. We’re due to hit a couple 

4 hours ago, amcoolio said:

This center plan is getting my attention.

We are at Square 1 for the future right now. You hear continuity constantly cited as a major factor in OL success. You got 2 new guards and a new staff and it seems like having the C position in the fold too puts you in the optimal Square 1 and sets you up to succeed.

Corbett played some center in LA. I don’t know enough to say he is a bad choice or a good one. Maybe he is the guy it’s all fine. I think we react against it because we are uncertain. 

I guess this is one I would just have to trust the staff on.

• Pie 1