• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Atlanta drafts Penix at 8 - GIF Reaction Thread

The only reason that Penix was not considered a top two or three talent this draft is due to his injury history. He had arguably the best season out of every QB picked ahead of him tonight. He's not as mobile as the others, but he's not exactly a statue either. He can flat out drop dimes. 

He'll take the reins in 2026, and we're going to have some problems, so I just don't get everyone trying to clown the Falcons over the pick. They're allowing him to sit and learn. That's what you want to do. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just can't really laugh at other teams making bad picks at QB right now.

Nothing wrong with the QB picked but the whole head scratching is they just signed 4yrs with Cousins.....they can just trade back, add a WR, CB or OL ......

14 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The only reason that Penix was not considered a top two or three talent this draft is due to his injury history. He had arguably the best season out of every QB picked ahead of him tonight. He's not as mobile as the others, but he's not exactly a statue either. He can flat out drop dimes. 

He'll take the reins in 2026, and we're going to have some problems, so I just don't get everyone trying to clown the Falcons over the pick. They're allowing him to sit and learn. That's what you want to do. 

Accurate kid. Big arm.  44 TD's and ehat was it, 3 interceptions? 

Falcons should be happy.  

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

Cousins contract is actually not that difficult to get rid of, by QB standards.  After 2025 they can cut with only 25 million in dead money, assuming they don't restructure before.

Kirk Cousins is the most under appreciated quarterback, by fans, in the NFL. All he has done it produce, and he produces clutch moments. He has had to fight this stigma since he was drafted with RG3. I’d have planned to keep Cousins for a few years and then move on, but taking Penix at 8 was dumb. 

Now Cousins knows you aren’t committed to winning now. He could’ve taken them to Top 8 or so offense with the weapons on that team, and all they had to do was add one more. Instead they take Penix. poo is hilarious and Panther like. 

rivals? No, friends in misery. 

34 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Kirk Cousins is the most under appreciated quarterback, by fans, in the NFL. All he has done it produce, and he produces clutch moments. He has had to fight this stigma since he was drafted with RG3. I’d have planned to keep Cousins for a few years and then move on, but taking Penix at 8 was dumb. 

Now Cousins knows you aren’t committed to winning now. He could’ve taken them to Top 8 or so offense with the weapons on that team, and all they had to do was add one more. Instead they take Penix. poo is hilarious and Panther like. 

rivals? No, friends in misery. 

Cousins is a descent player but not exceptional. He's 35 and only has one playoff win.  

• Pie 1