• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Exactly Is Your Criteria for Bryce in 2024 to Have Faith In Him Moving Forward 2025+ ??

How will Bryce do next year?   

175 members have voted

1. 1. How Will Bryce Do in 2024??

• He will explode for 4000+ 30+ TDs and lead us to playoffs
    • He'll make a reasonable improvement ~ 24 TD 3000 yards and well be competing for division
    • He'll make a marginal improvement ~ 19 TD 12TD and we'll have a 4-8 ish wins
    • He'll stay around the same 1/1 TD ratio and we are competing for a top 10 pick again
    • He'll be worse, very negative TD INT ratio and well be drafting/acquiring his replacement in the next offseason

It's unrealistic to expect Bryce to be 200% better Week 1.  New staff, new system, new players.  We are still a talent deficient team until we show otherwise.  We are just as thin defensively as we were last year, and we're down our most consistent pass rusher (Burns).

So what do I expect from Bryce?  Improvement.    There's not numbers that will show that because "stats can be manipulated/lie."  Instead, I'd like to see Bryce making more plays.  Let's start with running the offense, and then build into the playmaking.

So far, D&D are winless and undefeated.  I don't expect a 180 degree turn around, but I do expect a better offensive game plan.  I expect Bryce to play his best football in November and December, either helping the Panthers make a run or play spoiler.

• Pie 2

20 hours ago, frankw said:

It will not require him moving mountains.

But it will require standards that have applied to all first overall pick QB's over the years.

Basic requirements:

-Improve his footwork.

-Display at minimum an above average arm compared to his peers.

-Establish an undisputed consistent deep ball connection.

-Finish the season no less than top 12-15 in most statistical passing categories. Particularly yards per pass attempt.

All of this is doable with the additions we've made and with Canales on board.

Even Kyle Allen looked competent for more than one single game.

If not. First round QB in 2025.

Kyle also had Dj, and CMC. 

36 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Kyle also had Dj, and CMC. 

Bryce Young had the greatest roster since 2003 and an allstar coaching staff per the board going in.  That only changed when Bryce couldn't make plays.  and the coach didn't trust him to do many things. 

20 hours ago, jayflip said:

I feel like all y'all Bryce haters are severely underestimating how bad of a hire Frank was. CJ in last years offense would look atrocious and BY in the Texans offense would have lit the world on fire. 

have some faith. Or not. Seems like a whole bunch of ya enjoy being miserable. 

Agreed 

That said, 2024 there should be no more excuses.  BY will have several new targets, an improved O-line and a more competent coaching staff this year. He just needs to play better.

If he's continues to make mistakes or just can't get the job done than we need to move on in 2025.

3 hours ago, frankw said:

To the Panthers the combine didn't matter apparently they already had their mind made up. Not to mention people had seen his pro day and the deep passing concerns showed up there just as it had been at Bama (he had the worst deep ball by far between him Mac Jones Tua and Jalen Hurts). Most people agree he and his camp engaged in deception about his actual playing weight and not throwing at the combine was a strategic move. Whether or not someone feels that raises to the level of malicious is a personal opinion I guess. But knowing it got him drafted first overall and then he went on to have one of the worst passing seasons ever despite the circumstances does not necessarily put his actions before draft night in a positive light. It also does not help matters that the GM who risked it all to draft him and lost his job in the process talked about Bryce Young getting into the weight room and then Bryce Young shows up this month looking every bit exactly the same. All of this puts even more pressure on Bryce Young in his second season. Hopefully he rises to the occasion. If not this is going to go down as one of the most cautionary draft stories in many years. Stay tuned.

Well said. 

• Beer 1

Bryce Young was always an outlier to be a success in the NFL and this was already known..the concerns were there. So it shouldnt be surprising to some people that its talks of moving on already after this year if he struggles, the concerns cant be improved on or fixed. Bryce has to show himself he can overcome them. 

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

It's not his fault the Panthers were idiots, but at the same time, he very purposefully did things in the lead up to the draft to try and deceive teams to help his draft stock.

Now I'm not saying he shouldn't try to maximize his draft stock, everyone does, but if he didn't manipulate a few very specific and key things, he wouldn't have gone #1 and been put into this situation.

I'm mainly talking about how they clearly put on temporary weight for the combine so he weighed in much higher than his playing weight, not throwing next to the other top passers so his weak arm wouldn't stand out like a sore thumb, and then not being weighed at his pro day after he lost all the temporary weight.

If he threw next to the other prospects or had his actual weight taken, I don't think we end up taking him #1 in the end as those weaknesses would have been so glaringly more obvious and we'd have gone with Stroud.

Exactly. THis is why i cringe when i hear people say Bryce didnt ask for this situation or people should feel sorry for him. He did everything possible to put himself in this situation. We were sold he was the guy to overcome anything.