• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold?? If we're not in position to draft a QB is he worth trading for??

WOW!!

21 hours ago, imminent rogaine said:

If we are trading for a QB, I’d rather try to get Minshew.

He's another version of Kyle and Teddy. Would leave our offense in exactly the same position. 

Anyway Rosen got traded for a Second. Darnold would probably do the same. Absolutely wouldn't mind kicking the tires on him.

Just now, qazsazsaz said:

I know people on here are mocking OP, but I honestly would rather have Sam Darnold for a third round pick than waste a first on any QB other than Lawrence. I really don't see how any supposed first round QB (other than Lawrence) is worth it. All of them have glaring holes. 

Agree 100%. He already has chemistry with Robby too. 

I could be completely wrong, but I really think Darnold could be a franchise QB in a good organization. 

Unfortunately he went to the worst run franchise in the NFL (at least for the past decade).

I dont know that I'd go 3rd but possibly 4th. He's got starting experience obviously and if the Jets just want to move on bring him in. Walker and Grier aren't the answer. Let him compete for the starting role. It's possible Gase is responsible for half of his issues and being in a train wreck franchise for the rest.

11 hours ago, Seltzer said:

And he has a cannon. I think he could revive his career here like Tanihill has done in TN. 

Darnold has elite talent. I personally don't think any QB in this draft outside of Trevor Lawrence has more natural talent.

I'd rather go this route and let him compete with Teddy and draft at other positions 

I may be wrong but I believe yesterday was one of the first games he had most of his offensive weapons on the field.

Trading a 3rd to get him would be worth the try.  Hell we wasted a 3rd on Grier and everyone is over that move.   

The Jets may very well go QB AND keep Darnold. I wouldn't be so quick to assume he is up for grabs in the trade market unless a pretty big offer comes in. Keep in mind, he has one year left on his deal and is owed only $9.7 mil. That is pretty damn cheap for a backup QB that is starting caliber. 

Conversely, giving up a lot of draft capital for a guy you are gonna get one year to evaluate before you have to sign to a deal isn't exactly a great scenario. If you are interested in Darnold, 2022 free agency is really the way to go.

Archived