• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mel Kiper's Mock is out. Wilson to the Falcons at 4, Fields to the Lions, Panthers get Trey Lance.

I like Kiper as an evaluator of talent, but not as a mock guy.

I think we're in a very difficult position, because more than likely Lance is going to be the only guy close to us at 8, and there are a lot of thirsty teams this year.

I just don't think we have the talent to compete with those thirsty teams in draft capital with as thin a we are talent wise.

I'm really intrigued by Lance, but only if we can get him (or Wilson) at 8. 

I'll still be surprised if Atlanta actually drafts a QB.   I think simply given the nature of the contracts of folks like Matt Ryan, Julio, etc. that the new coach/gm will be forced into a scenario where they are still in a win now mindset with the core guys they have. 

33 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

All that hairspray must have gone to his head. 

Exactly.  The Jets will either:

1.  Pick a QB at number two

or

2.  Trade with someone who WILL pick a QB at number two

There is no version of this where we stick at eight and four QB's are not gone already.  The order might go into a blender between Wilson, Lance and Fields after Lawrence but those guys are gone at eight.  Either the teams currently from one to seven take those guys - and with the Jags, Jets, Falcons and Lions up there it's easy to see how - or someone trades up to grab one of those guys.

• Pie 2

Lance could have a similar trajectory to Josh Allen if he doesn't bust. I actually like him quite a bit better than Allen as a prospect, but like Allen did, he has a ton of work to do before he'll be ready to lead this team. Would be wise to sit him for a year or even 2 behind Teddy, as much as that would suck for us fans to watch Teddy hinder this offense for any longer...

• Pie 1