• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Bridgewater wins the Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award.

Tbe

7 hours ago, onmyown said:

I don’t give two shits about high moral character and sports and people who do have it ass backwards.

No, some people can care about sports and character. And yes, if some actor I like is discovered to be a pedophile, I'm not watching their movies anymore. I don't want morally questionable people on my favorite sports team, in my favorite movies, singing my favorite songs. Sorry, but winning isn't everything. Thinking it is is actually what's ass backwards.

• Pie 2

When the game qas on the line on the final drive teddy went 8-0  at letting the other team win. Specifically, at new Orleans this year he ran out of bounds and sat on the bench with his old teammates then took on sack on the next play, making the FG attempt almost impossible. That's sportsmanship towards your opponent...thanks teddy!

• Pie 1

Good for Teddy! There's a chance he comes back, does great in training camp and is our starting QB for the season, possibly just at the beginning, perhaps all the way through. He's doing one of the most complicated jobs in sports well enough to be a starting QB in the NFL and somehow he's doing that without being a jerk or a nasty competitor. My hat's off to him. 

He wears our jersey, he deserves the cheers. 

• Pie 2

Just now, Khyber53 said:

Good for Teddy! There's a chance he comes back, does great in training camp and is our starting QB for the season, possibly just at the beginning, perhaps all the way through. He's doing one of the most complicated jobs in sports well enough to be a starting QB in the NFL and somehow he's doing that without being a jerk or a nasty competitor. My hat's off to him. 

He wears our jersey, he deserves the cheers. 

And as to performance last year? Let's remember this is a rebuild team with a lot of problems and new coaches all around. There's room for improvement, and the capability to improve, across the board on the team.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I love Teddy. He's a great human being, and has such a great story. It isn't working out in the NFL, and that's disappointing.

I understand the people who are upset he's not lived up to what we wanted. What I don't understand are the people who seem to hate Teddy as a person for that.

I feel like we've got so angry as a fan base the last decade, and I'm not sure why. We can be disappointed in players on the field, and even off of it, but I've never understood the malice against them as people. It has worn on me as a sports fan.

Nothing is always sunshine and rainbows, but sports use to be a place to escape this negativity.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Madwolf said:

I love Teddy. He's a great human being, and has such a great story. It isn't working out in the NFL, and that's disappointing.

I understand the people who are upset he's not lived up to what we wanted. What I don't understand are the people who seem to hate Teddy as a person for that.

I feel like we've got so angry as a fan base the last decade, and I'm not sure why. We can be disappointed in players on the field, and even off of it, but I've never understood the malice against them as people. It has worn on me as a sports fan.

Nothing is always sunshine and rainbows, but sports use to be a place to escape this negativity.

He’s Ron Rivera for us. A great person. Easy to root for him and hope for the best but it’s clear they won’t work out here. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Varking said:

He’s Ron Rivera for us. A great person. Easy to root for him and hope for the best but it’s clear they won’t work out here. 

I actually was thinking the same thing.

Teddy is generally considered to be a great guy.

Ron Rivera is widely known to be a really solid person.

Heck, even Marty Hurney generally has a rep for being good people.

But the organization is now about winning. And while it's a shame that good guys aren't always winners, this is how it should be.

• Pie 2

16 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I loved Cam, Kuechly, Olsen, all the high character guys with talent. Teddy is horrible though, no amount of character in the world is going to make me like a football player as bad as he is. Teddy can cure cancer and covid tonight and he’ll still be my least favorite Panther QB in the history of the team. 

He could cure COVID and cancer and you'd hate him more than Clausen and Weinke? Seems a bit extreme but we're all entitled to our opinions. I think it's a bit emblematic of some of the Huddle histrionics. Bridgewater is a great backup, below average starter. The way some people present him, you'd think he makes Clausen look like Mahomes.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, Pup McBarky said:

No, some people can care about sports and character. And yes, if some actor I like is discovered to be a pedophile, I'm not watching their movies anymore. I don't want morally questionable people on my favorite sports team, in my favorite movies, singing my favorite songs. Sorry, but winning isn't everything. Thinking it is is actually what's ass backwards.

Pedophile is an extreme that’s not the point.

Point is celebrities barring extremes shouldn’t matter, they are there to entertain you. And it’s ass backwards to use them for that purpose...there are plenty of other professionals where it does matter. Looking up to athletes and celebrities is dumb.

If you listed your top 3 movies and top three songs I could rip it apart.

but hey looks like TB won the super bowl for you, congrats