• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson to Carolina?

HardcoreHokie

So, we're sitting at #8 in a draft that could have five or six good QBs in it, a couple of which would even be available in the second round when our pick came in. We have no real offensive line. We're cheering defensive pick ups that have injury histories or just one decent season of work. 

Why the hell are we going to give it all away to try and nab a big name QB with a huge contract who will want to run the organization? Either Watson or Wilson will be that guy. Guaranteed if they get here and they will be surrounded by a team hamstrung for salary cap AND draft picks so there's no way to really build around them except for some street-level JAGs. We will have a further disgruntled superstar on a team that's going nowhere and you and I will be stuck watching them. 

And if this is what the owner wants, he's a dumbass who doesn't understand the sport, and he will have killed the career of the Head Coach he was willing to give anything to to get here. 

Just scout the college candidates, make a frikkin' pick at #8 or trade for the #1 pick. Quit dickin' around you stupid hedge wizard weasel. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

3 1st rounders, a 3rd rounder and 2 starters is way too much for someone on the wrong side of 30. I'm pretty sure an article came out saying he was hit more than any other QB in the league. His body will begin to break down way before Drew Brees or Tom Brady's did. 

He's not on the wrong side of 30! 

Look, I get the whole not wanting to give up so much. I do! That's debatable! But only people thinking really in terms of the 80s or even the 90s think that 32 is old I today's NFL. Wilson, Stafford and Rogers are still playing at a high level with arms as big as they ever were, and certainly enough to push the ball down field. Even the Brady has a noodle arm narrative has proven to be false (as I suspected and intimated somewhere on these servers within the last two years)!

25 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

So, we're sitting at #8 in a draft that could have five or six good QBs in it, a couple of which would even be available in the second round when our pick came in. We have no real offensive line. We're cheering defensive pick ups that have injury histories or just one decent season of work. 

Why the hell are we going to give it all away to try and nab a big name QB with a huge contract who will want to run the organization? Either Watson or Wilson will be that guy. Guaranteed if they get here and they will be surrounded by a team hamstrung for salary cap AND draft picks so there's no way to really build around them except for some street-level JAGs. We will have a further disgruntled superstar on a team that's going nowhere and you and I will be stuck watching them. 

And if this is what the owner wants, he's a dumbass who doesn't understand the sport, and he will have killed the career of the Head Coach he was willing to give anything to to get here. 

Just scout the college candidates, make a frikkin' pick at #8 or trade for the #1 pick. Quit dickin' around you stupid hedge wizard weasel. 

We did hire a GM who is supposed to be a draft expert...maybe go with our strengths at this time?

I'm with you, Tepper pulls this trigger and he is a fugging Jones level moron owner playing with his billion dollar toy.

Edited by Waldo
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1