• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold

unicar15

34 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

how good do you think Minshew is? I read nfl.com article stating he would go for a 4th at max.... His stats do not reflect his inability to read a defense and weak arm.

I think he is a little better than teddy and is still improving. I think a third is right for him.  I was impressed when we faced him and I thought he looked even better until he hurt his hand. Contract is decent, player is young.

A third and two seconds would match up with our first round pick on the draft value chart, I believe. 

2 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

I can bet you it did not.  The only way that ship has sailed if NFL will find something.  It’s a civil suit and the whole thing seems like an attention grab to keep Watson in Houston and make other teams not to trade for him (you already bought what attorney is selling).

He has the whole time, everyone on this board has already proven Watson guilty. They know nothing and never will.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Two things:

Drew Brees was markedly better than Darnold ever was before being released to free agency, so the Saints didn't have to use any draft capital. 

Desean Watson's situation will have to really eclipse the ordinary for him to be considered before the draft, as far as time and circumstances. I would think that the ONLY chance he has to even get off, much less before the draft (even perceptibly) is for his defense to prove that even one person is lying. If that were to happen, though somewhat of a longshot, then that may impugn the whole lot of them.

Drew Brees was also coming off an injury that the majority of the NFL believed would be career ending.

2 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

These guys are on team friendly rookie contracts. They don’t have to sell at all.

If they are bringing in Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson, why would they sit on them? If they want to maximize their value in return, they trade now. Not selling.... would not maximize the team's assets.

17 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

If they are bringing in Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson, why would they sit on them? If they want to maximize their value in return, they trade now. Not selling.... would not maximize the team's assets.

Not saying they wouldn’t want to sell, just saying your premise that their back is against the wall and they will have to take a low ball offer is incorrect. Plus, low ball offers don’t really work too well when there are multiple buyers. The market dictates the value. If there’s no market I could easily see the Jets choosing to keep Darnold instead of trading him for a 4th round pick or something like that.

3 hours ago, imminent rogaine said:

I think he is a little better than teddy and is still improving. I think a third is right for him.  I was impressed when we faced him and I thought he looked even better until he hurt his hand. Contract is decent, player is young.

A third and two seconds would match up with our first round pick on the draft value chart, I believe. 

I think he’s a pretty marked improvement over Teddy. His rookie year alone destroys anything Teddy has ever done in the NFL. With Jacksonville tanking last season, him injured, missing games and them not wanting to put him back in there he still outplayed Teddy. And then you look at his playmakers and they can’t touch ours. Minshew is a better pro QB than Teddy. 

• Beer 1

17 hours ago, Varking said:

I think he’s a pretty marked improvement over Teddy. His rookie year alone destroys anything Teddy has ever done in the NFL. With Jacksonville tanking last season, him injured, missing games and them not wanting to put him back in there he still outplayed Teddy. And then you look at his playmakers and they can’t touch ours. Minshew is a better pro QB than Teddy. 

I'd take Chalk, Robinson and Eifert over Anderson, Davis and Thomas.

the panthers have to at least try to get in some articles about interest in other quarterbacks to balance their position on being all in on watson. i'm not sure why some folks believe that this off the field stuff is going to impact where his rights are sent. the whole of houston has emerged en masse to crucify him publicly and a reported friend of the team is leading the prosecution. he'll never play another snap in that town unless he's on the visiting team. if anything, this has only intensified the situation between watson and the texans. 

david tepper is the richest owner in the league and he's also probably one of the more socially progressive owners in the league. i find it extremely unlikely his interest persists without getting the absolute low down on what happened, what the allegations are, and the chances of criminal charges being raised which is likely the biggest concern when you're dealing with at least 11 counts. but deshaun watson has lawyers, too. it's unclear how many of these accusers will survive (in a legal sense) the intense dive into their online presences and text message history, etc. that might contradict their accounts. at the end of the day, it sounds like deshaun was browsing instagram for massage therapists and having what he deemed to be consensual sex with as many of them as possible with some questionable ass approaches. it will probably amount to a lot of he said/she said that the DA might consider too long shot to pursue or prove. 

if it turns out watson is toast in court with any of these accusers, there will be a civil settlement which is what was pursued initially. charges will be reduced, watson will enter some kind of sensitivity training, the NFL will give him 8 weeks like they gave antonio brown, and he will be starting for his new team by week 9. that's if this is all fast tracked. the case with antonio brown still hasn't been resolved and will go well into 2022. if these accusations against watson have any merit, the legal process will likely drag on forever in what will basically be trying to establish the level of wrongdoing for purposes of a settlement and not for criminal charges. the NFL doesn't seem to wait for the legal process to play out if they have grounds to suspend a player under their vague conduct detrimental policies in which they will say that watson exhibited "poor judgment" and probably not go too far into detail about what they know. the cases will be settled financially, the records sealed, and watson will likely never have to plead guilty to anything substantial. he can then claim he paid out because he wanted this nightmare to be over and a settlement was to expedite that. he will deny any wrongdoing and the world will continue to turn. 

if the panthers trade for him, they'll probably hope to play out any suspension scenarios with teddy under center and try to tread water. doesn't a lot of this just seem old hat with as many times as we've seen similar things play out? 

• Pie 2