• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

POV: You are Joe Brady. What do you want in the draft?

CanadianCat

If I'm Joe Brady, I have a shopping list:

1. OT in the 1st round, preferably Sewell, but Slater will suffice.

2. WR no later than the 3rd round. The WR needs to be able to replace Samuel's production and, hopefully, running ability.

3. RB in the 4th. The RB allows more flexibility with CMC and allows many more options. Also provides insurance for an injured CMC, if it happens.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, t96 said:

If it’s Mac Jones at 3 which seems to be likely at this point, then 1 of Fields/Lance is there at 8 and should be the pick.

We need both Jones and Lance to go before our pick.

7 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

Then trade back for more picks.

I mean, sure that would be ideal but who is coming up and for who? 

I fully expect Fields, Sewell, Pitts and Chase gone by 8. With either Jones or Lance sitting there at 8. So unless a team wants one of those two I just don’t see who else someone would give up capital for.

26 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

We need both Jones and Lance to go before our pick.

I mean, sure that would be ideal but who is coming up and for who? 

I fully expect Fields, Sewell, Pitts and Chase gone by 8. With either Jones or Lance sitting there at 8. So unless a team wants one of those two I just don’t see who else someone would give up capital for.

I prefer Fields but Lance at 8 is still good value and we can give him a year or 2 to develop while we try out Darnold. I’d be happy with that pick, though based on reports it doesn’t even seem that we care much for Lance. Fields then Sewell then trade down is what I want.

For me to make the Joe Brady call, I need to know if Joe Brady is sold on Sam Darnold.  If I'm trying to read the tea leaves, I'd say the fact that we didn't immediately pick up the 5th year option tells me we aren't sure.

From an offensive perspective, if a QB I love falls, we take that guy.  If no QB falls, take Slater / Sewell whichever we like or is still on the board.  If none of those are available, we should look at what defenders are on the board for the good of the team.

• Pie 1