• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore officially changes jersey number to No. 2

ncfan

10 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

I dont care if people want to honor a shitty human being because he was good at basketball. 

They guy raped a 19 year old, sued his mom and made her publicly apologize, was a terrible selfish team mate and all round douchebag.

He is not the only one who lost his life in that crash. It was sad but it does not forgive all his bullshit.

The only one to be upset over is raping a 19 year old about 18 years ago. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

The only one to be upset over is raping a 19 year old about 18 years ago. 

Time heals all wounds I guess.

I supposed if we wait long enough we could all accept Watson even if he is found guilty.

Edited by PootieNunu

43 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

I dont care if people want to honor a shitty human being because he was good at basketball. 

They guy raped a 19 year old, sued his mom and made her publicly apologize, was a terrible selfish team mate and all round douchebag.

He is not the only one who lost his life in that crash. It was sad but it does not forgive all his bullshit.

I don't think anyone will argue that Bryant was without serious flaws and those who choose to overlook those in some way do so for their own selfish reasons like human beings have been doing with public figures for a very long time. But your need to air all that out in an unrelated thread about nfl jersey numbers while tossing in the other crash victims as a footnote to validate your point just seems performative. He is dead and gone and anyone who wants to know about him good and bad will have all that information to form their own conclusions now and many more years from now it isn't going anywhere.

Edited by frankw

14 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

Pretty sure that it was revealed to be consensual, even though it sucks for Vanessa. However, people make mistakes and that was in 2003-4. Kobe changed and went on to be the "big brother" of basketball, teaching younger players. He was incredibly smart, speaking 4 languages and became a great ambassador worldwide. He was young and dumb, get over it.

I'm a throwback fan, so seeing a WR in a single digit jersey is not only weird, but slightly cringe worthy. I like to see WRs and TEs wearing 80's. 

It may just be me, but I think these guys want single digits so they stand out more because there are only nine of them.  Yes, diva comes to mind.

7 hours ago, Mol3m4n said:

Pretty sure that it was revealed to be consensual

This still depends on who you ask--Kobe thought it was--the girl states she asked him to stop several times. The criminal case was dropped, because the girl refused to testify- Kobe issued a statement apologizing, but adamantly claiming he thought she was consenting because of her "body language."

Eventually she filed a civil suit and the two sides settled (some newspaper said for nondisclosure and 2.5 mil), but the actual terms were never officially disclosed.

My wife is an attorney and follows cases like this so we talked about it quite a bit in my house. Jaycee and lots of kids won't remember the details of that or any of it. It is what it is. He can wear whatever # he wants. I wish him the best, whether Kobe did it or not, Jaycee hasn't done anything wrong.

As for DJ's new #, the NFL gave him the option, he can change his # if he wants. I wish him the best too, especially if he signs an extension that's good for the team.

Edited by Michael G
  • Pie 1