• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Ravens at Panthers GameDay thread

Zod

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• I’m gonna go with C but I feel like it’s a C+ or B- I liked going receiver first and I like how we picked up a 2nd rounder next year.  I like getting a running back and Te as well.  Additionally I like how we didn’t trade up and give up a ton of picks to move up earlier in the 1st. I’m not going to complain about them taking Legette over another receiver or moving up 1 spot.  He’s not the type of prospect that I would have selected but he’s who they wanted.  So I’m not going to moan about that.  I think they did the right thing. The draft loses a few points for me in taking the RB and LB so early, and waiting so late to get a corner.  I would have liked to see corner and center addressed before RB and LB but I don’t know what their board is like to be honest.
    • I still cannot figure out what kind of team the Panthers are trying to build, and frankly I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t either.  But one thing is clear - regardless of who is in charge, the Panthers will continue to bypass drafting starting caliber centers in favor of project WRs. After rightfully cutting the struggling Bradley Bozeman, center was a glaring need coming into the draft. The team claims to be converting former guard Austin Corbett to center, who is coming off two consecutive season ending knee injuries. Corbett has experience at center, and in Madden Franchise Mode this would be a move that makes sense. But going into a critical season for the development of second year QB Bryce Young, drafting a center to grow with seemed like the prudent decision.  The selection of WR in Xavier Legette over Center prospects Jackson Powers-Johnson and Zack Frazier, means 4th year receiver Terrace Marshall Jr is likely on borrowed time and will be labeled another Panthers WR draft bust. It also signals that second year WR Jonathan Mingo could be heading that direction as well. Both receivers were drafted in favor of starting caliber centers in their respective drafts. In 2021, Terrace Marshall was selected instead of Creed Humphrey (starting C for the Chiefs) and Josh Myers (starting C for the Packers), who were selected 3 and 4 picks after the Panthers picked Marshall. In 2023, the Panthers picked Mingo ahead of Joe Tippman (starting C for the Jets), and John Michael Schmitz (starting C for the Giants).  Legette could become the next Deebo Samuel and make Panthers fans forget about the players they passed on to draft him. But history is not on the Panthers side, who continue to demonstrate the definition of insanity of doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.  And I still have no idea what kind of team they are trying to build. 
    • I think he will get all the time he needs to prove he is or is not going to be the future. His contract allows for that. The deciding factor will be how much will the team need to see before that decision is made. Another words, when is enough, enough for Dave and Dan? This we shall see.