• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Pittsburgh Steelers at Carolina Panthers Gameday Thread

Zod

I thought Smitty was funny as hell, if none of you like the truth all I can say is ICE UP SON! Also I don’t think we have found our kicker Joey is done but I’m not sold on Santoso being starter. And by the way we’re all the PJ fans, Grier to me has won backup job unless they go get someone which I don’t see happening.

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

yeah, I literally just said the stats don’t tell you the story of tonight.  

The final drive as the half was about to expire vs backups….doesn’t  erase the fact the O got handled fairly well by the Steeler backups for almost 2 quarters. 

The starting OL looks like a massive issue.  And that was vs backups.  That’s a bad recipe for Sam Darnold to be behind that.  Lot of work is needed there IMO. 

Thank you. That score meant nothing at all. I saw a porous offensive line and two gloves without the accuracy. Love the D but playoffs? No chance.How can you throw a streaking receiver behind by 3 yards?

2 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I thought Smitty was funny as hell, if none of you like the truth all I can say is ICE UP SON! Also I don’t think we have found our kicker Joey is done but I’m not sold on Santoso being starter. And by the way we’re all the PJ fans, Grier to me has won backup job unless they go get someone which I don’t see happening.

It appeared PJ went into tonight with the edge over Grier.   So I guess we will see.   He put a lot of balls into people’s hands tonight…

think people overheard 89 say he put too much heat on a ball and treated that as the end all be all….and closed their eyes on all the balls hitting guys in two hands.   Which Rhule noted in his post game presser.  

Whilst a self admitted homer, the 1st half exceeded my expectations. I don't give a f what Darnold does with his feet if he delivers the ball on time. That half second faster Darnold releases the ball vs. Teddy is the difference between a first down and a punt.  It's how winning is done. See you aholes in Valhalla. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Thank you. That score meant nothing at all. I saw a porous offensive line and two gloves without the accuracy. Love the D but playoffs? No chance.How can you throw a streaking receiver behind by 3 yards?

Please tell me you're not referring to Sam 'cause if you are :

spacer.png

Go Away GIF

Edited by glenwo2

8 hours ago, CRA said:

It appeared PJ went into tonight with the edge over Grier.   So I guess we will see.   He put a lot of balls into people’s hands tonight…

think people overheard 89 say he put too much heat on a ball and treated that as the end all be all….and closed their eyes on all the balls hitting guys in two hands.   Which Rhule noted in his post game presser.  

Grier probably won. However, the receivers failed to catch alot of catchable footballs last night. But context aside, Grier won. But I said it before and I'll say it again, Grier is not the guy to go to if something should happen and they need the backup QB to go in.