• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule vs Saleh

NAS

Honestly, Saleh. 

A lot more experience, less time to adjust, less of an unknown. Straight college to NFL historically has putrid chance of sustained success.

Only way to bet on Rhule is to go against the stats and odds. But I hope I am wrong.

Depends a lot of where they go too, there aren’t many franchises the Panthers are better than but the Jets may be one. So we have that.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 8

29 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

The success of the coach often hinges on how successful the organization is from top to bottom. In that case Rhule has the advantage.

Coaching success in the modern era is 100% linked to the QB.

Example: Was Pete Carrol a bad coach the first time around?

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Don’t the Jets have like 4 picks in the first two rounds of the upcoming draft? Their year 3 is going to be a major make or break. The only downside for the Jets right now is their division is loaded with young talent at QB already for them to compete against. Tua, Allen and Jones are all 25 or younger, too. 

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, top dawg said:

How about we compare drafts?

Go ahead if you want to. Just consider that it's way too early to judge the players and Rhule's comments about not being afraid to cut bait with players you draft. Just because a player is on the roster today doesn't mean he will be tomorrow. Nor does a good rookie season mean the player will be great. Example: Kelvin Benjamin. He had a good rookie season and then flamed out.

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

Don’t the Jets have like 4 picks in the first two rounds of the upcoming draft? Their year 3 is going to be a major make or break. The only downside for the Jets right now is their division is loaded with young talent at QB already for them to compete against. Tua, Allen and Jones are all 25 or younger, too. 

Tua looks like a shadow of his former self and I'll believe that Mac Jones will be an elite NFL QB when I see it. Allen is a stud, no doubt.

• Pie 4

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Tua looks like a shadow of his former self and I'll believe that Mac Jones will be an elite NFL QB when I see it. Allen is a stud, no doubt.

All reports from these joint practices have been Tua has looked pretty good and has thrown the deep ball much more frequently and with good success. I followed the Bears camp to check on Justin Fields and they had joint practices with the Dolphins. 

I admit that may not translate to actual games but it sounds promising for the Dolphins this offseason. 

• Pie 1