• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What was the explanation for punting on the Jets 33 yard line?

raleigh-panther

4 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

That's not really a valid explanation, either.  It's 4th and 6 on the 33.  I would have gone for it.  It's a very good risk/reward setup for going for it.

Nah, if you aren't going to kick the field goal, then punting is the better option.  No reason to give the Jets momentum by going for it on 4th and 6 that early.

• Pie 1

Just now, BrianS said:

What Rhule said was something along the lines of "Our defense was playing great and I thought we could pin them deep".

This being coach speak for "I have zero confidence in our kicker and I don't think we can pick up six yards"

Kinda seems like he doesn’t trust our QB or kicker. If true that is a bad look. 

• Pie 3

14 minutes ago, Mage said:

Nah, if you aren't going to kick the field goal, then punting is the better option.  No reason to give the Jets momentum by going for it on 4th and 6 that early.

We wound up netting 13 yards on the punt.... going for it would’ve been better than punting unless we could get a coffin corner punt out at the 1 yard line, which we couldn’t.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1