• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Worst undefeated team" Its coming, we've been there.

thunderraiden

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're a big unknown right now. We've played quite possibly the worst team in the league and a Saints team missing a ton of their roster and half their coaching staff. Take the wins however you can get them, but yeah I'm not surprised that the national media is a bit hesitant to jump on the bandwagon just yet.

Now if we were the Cowboys... yeah, we'd be Super Bowl bound for sure. Looking like 16-0 is not just a possibility but likely. Coverage tendency varies by team.

You think we're beating Tampa twice and the bills ???

Na honestly people are on Darnolds side...its anit NY and most of those people are from the NY area so they don't hesitate to poo on NY. The narrative thus far has just been about Darnold.

In the post game show they noticed and gave credit to the Defense as you'd have to do.

We won against the Jets when we were supposed to.  The Saints were depleted, and we beat them as well.  Again, good teams do that.  Now we have Houston, who will be without their starting QB, and a good team should beat them.

I just don't care about power rankings, they are just there for clicks.  I get it.  The media is always going to pass on the Panthers until we become relevant again.  We haven't been relevant in years, if we can keep winning against teams we should beat and pull off a few upsets, then we can be relevant again.  Then we'll get the pundits on our side.

Until then though, expect us to be treated like crap nationally.  It's ok though.  I just want us to beat Houston on Thursday.  I want to see Darnold take care of the ball and get it to playmakers.  I want to see our defense continue to make young QB's lives miserable.  I really dig the mantra of one game at a time.  Being 1-0 each week.

I think there's something to Rhule's methodology, and it seems to be clicking.  So far, I'm pretty excited, but also a long time Panther fan who wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing blows up on us.

• Pie 1

Well, I think the opening 3 games of our schedule is what it is.  Kinda hard to get butthurt if that gets pointed out.   But you play who you play.  Everyone gets weak opponents.  We just have ours lumped together. 

weeks 4-6 will be where we have the chance to show the nation if we are legit or not. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1