• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Respect for the Panthers - What Cowboys Fans are Saying

Zod

Cmc has only played a handful of games with this new coaching staff so I’m not terribly worried about them (Brady) adjusting to his loss. Watch chuba have a breakout game I would laugh my ass off.

it’s really the offense I’m worried about with the cowboys. Dak is playing extremely well and is in full control of that offense. He gets the ball out quick like Brady. That can stifle our pass rush and get concerning because that is our bread and butter. Need to knock him out of rhythm and make him uncomfortable.

21 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

So it's because "Herbert is for real" and Hurts got yardage in garbage time, eh?    

I wonder what excuses Cowboys fans will have when Sam passes for over 300+ and multiple TDs? 🙄

No excuses.  You can look at Hurts stats by quarter and/or by score at the time to disprove me.  And yes, Herbert is good.  I was quite impressed by his mechanics and accuracy.  You think he's not very good then?   Tell my why.  

5 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

As much as I hate our division rivals I respect them, for the most part. 
Cowboys, Broncos, Patriots and Seahawks fans I hate with a burning passion. 

The WhoDat chant got annoying very quickly. I can’t stand the saints for that reason.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, @bonafidebanter said:

The Cowboys OL is not that good outside of Tyron Smith and Zach Martin. The center Biadasz and the left guard Connor Williams are terrible. Their RT Steele is a second year undrafted free agent that has been playing better than they thought, but he's still an UDFA and I think he can be fooled by Phil Snow and his schemes. 

Will say that the reason I expect this defense to feast is precisely because of their center. His ineptitude will make it difficult for the Cowboys to diagnose Phil Snow's scheme. And unfortunately for the Cowboys, that will be their big weak link that will be capitalized on. 

If you want to compete with Snow's defense, you want to be sure you have a smart guy under center. I do not believe their center is capable of keeping up with our scheme whatsoever and might have his head on a swivel. Their offensive line will be having trouble all day.

Ultimately though, it will come down to whether the Panthers can stop the Cowboys from passing. Very likely Dak will be getting the ball out real quick and if our defensive backside can't capitalize it without Horn, that will be the only concerning point. The Chargers gave an interesting blueprint and kept it close to the Cowboys - let them run all over you, but as long as you hold down their attack through the air, you can keep it close. Luckily for the Panthers, they are very stout in general and I am not too concerned about whether Snow can scheme against the Cowboys.

• Pie 2

17 hours ago, OldhamA said:

You can't really blame them for being cocky, the media are blowing smoke up their arses.

Even Rich Eisen, who's usually pretty even handed, has turned this into a "man the Cowboys are legit and this is the game to show it in" story. 

I think it'll be a close game - we'll see where we are on our journey (and how we respond to Horn and McCaffrey being out). Even if we lose we're still 3-1 in the first quarter of the season - I'd always take that. 

Bold statement Cotton, this is the NFL after all, let's see if it pays off.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, Le Stranger said:

No excuses.  You can look at Hurts stats by quarter and/or by score at the time to disprove me.  And yes, Herbert is good.  I was quite impressed by his mechanics and accuracy.  You think he's not very good then?   Tell my why.  

Oh there will be excuses.

After every win, It's never about what the Panthers did but what the opponent didn't do according to the Media and fans.

It's always been this way.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I still remember in 2015 that we didn't really get respect until like, week 6 or 7. And even then it was slight until closer to week 10 when the media started really believing the Panthers were for real.

We have a strong D and an offense of guys the casual non-panthers football fan doesn't know the names of outside of CMC and Darnold.

We will play a good game. We're not getting destroyed. Whether we win or not hinges entirely on how well the defense plays. Offense will keep pace to a certain point I think.

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

I would just like to throw out there that McCarthy caught a lot of flack for having a stale offense that became easy to figure out. So give that time.

To add onto that our Secondary Coach and Defensive Pass Game Coordinator (Jason Simmons) was with McCarthy his last few seasons in Green Bay. You better believe he is pouring his tendencies out to Phil Snow and the DBs.

Yeah but McCarthy doesn't call the plays - Kellen Moore does. 

• Beer 1