• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deonte Brown carted off during practice

SgtJoo

Hard to fathom the people here losing their sh*t because a 6th round rookie who is overweight wasn't starting. Yes our starters on the OL suck but I completely trust Rhule that Brown isn't better. This isn't Rivera, Rhule has played young talent over veterans. There was always a reason Brown wasn't playing, and apparently a pretty good one if he can't even make it through practice. Also, those calling this a wasted pick are also outrageous. Plenty of time for him to develop into a contributor for us. Large large large majority of 6th round picks are out of the league within a few years anyways and those that do make it don't contribute for several years.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

As a sixth rounder it was a longshot but all we had. I'm just disappointed in our approach to the oline overall. With the worst interior we have fielded in years we now have one lineman from this years draft. There will be more opportunities but for the time being Rhule and Fitt blew it.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 2

29 minutes ago, SOJA said:

If your hopes and dreams for this class were pinned on Deonte Brown I have some bad news for you my friend 

CB breaks bones in his foot without contact, token WR and not a needed OG or C, 25 year old LT our coaches now see as a weak playing RT. Yeah, that was the hope Brown could add more positives to the RB and TE we got. Ohh and a long snapper for next year. That isn't good. My hopes and dreams were more playable rookies.