• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is this season boring to you?

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I think you get less emotionally attached as you get older.   I do enjoy a good exciting football game though.  I'd rather watch a legit random exciting game (whether that is big plays or some storyline/narrative that makes it cool)....than just watch the Panthers squeak out a random win that doesn't really mean anything. 

Yeah.. I've got kids now and I just don't find myself as invested as I used to be. 

Doesn't help that the team is garbage

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

I'm not talking about leaders. I'm talking about the character of the team as a whole, what the fans know and feel. It's all hush-hush behind closed doors. When Jake took over, we learned that he was a jokester, his Cajun accent was hard to understand in the huddle at times.  And we all know Cam's character off the field. Those are things we would learn from locker room interviews.

It's as if the players are afraid of saying "the wrong thing" so they say basically nothing at all.

They're not having fun. So neither are the fans. Even when they were winning, there was no spark.

As for TB, they have had their fair share of vocal leaders over the years including a coach. Warren Sapp would like a word with you lol. We hear White and David now only because they won the SB. Do you hear much from Von Miller now? No.

we've also lost some pretty good beat writers the last several years too.  Jones, Jordan, etc.   Panthers have acquired some like Gantt, Voth, etc.  

• Beer 1

The term I keep thinking of is demoralizing. I’m usually a pretty optimistic person when it comes to this team. The football itself is the worst it’s been since the 2010 Clausen year. But at least the expectations for that team were low and we knew that changes would be coming right after the season ended. I didn’t expect us to be good last year when we signed Teddy to play foxball, but I saw enough to think that we’d be getting better once we upgraded that position. I wasn’t at all sold that Darnold would be that guy, but thought that our coaching staff would be able to capitalize on his strengths and coach out some of his weaknesses. Swing and a motherfugin miss there. Also liked the way our new GM navigated the draft and was willing to swing trades and bring in FAs, so much different than he who shall remain nameless. But now? Coaching staff has regressed in a big way. Darnold has been so bad that It was a serious debate on whether to trade the remaining draft capital we had over the next 3 years for a player that may or may not be able to play football anytime soon. The 2022 QB class doesn’t look all that promising and we probably win too many games to get a top 5 pick. We don’t have a second or third round pick already. I can already hear the drum start to beat for a local reclamation project like Trubisky or Daniel Jones to be sold as needing a change of scenery and they will be effective here with our offense. So yeah, demoralizing is the word for me.

3 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

Even before the repeatedly dead-horse beaten topics I have had a hard time focusing on anything past halftime since game one. I think that may be a big problem with players too.

I am half convinced that a lot of the forms of entertainment we have now create very short attention spans, especially for younger people or players.

The games just feel so long. I swear by halftime I feel like I have watched the entire game. I debated on making an entire thread about this subject but felt like I lacked a lot of substance and would just come off as rambling.

If this built around a RB they have done a terrible job sine they must think he can block and run at the same time.We have had a bottom 5 o line since CMC got here. I think this is what you get when you build around the Defense instead of around the offense like today’s  top NFL teams do.

Edited by TDGone

6 hours ago, CRA said:

Carolina football has been pretty boring for some time now.  The entire Rhule era has been a snooze fest and so was the end of Ron's. 

That is what happens when your team is built around a RB in today's NFL. 

It can still be done. Titans entire oline and offense are built strictly for running. Cardinals also, pretty much all they do. Both doing very well and dominating. Panthers were doing well to with their HB.

Difference is actually being competent at doing so and being able to balance it out (playcalling) and not be a one trick pony (also play calling wise) and of course they have top run blocking olines, otherwise well…that’s the Panthers.

Edited by onmyown

I lost interest in enjoying the Panthers the day Jake imploded against Arizona. I stuck with them though. I lost almost all interest in NFL the day I moved to NYC in 2011. Still sticking with the team though. But yes, I find it boring. Too many commercials, too many lulls for a game that's supposed to be fast, and an organization that has basically been crap from day one. But ... I stick with them.

No superstar(s), no interesting personalities, the wins haven’t been around lately, and I know the losses are about to start piling up.

Cant even talk sh*t to my boys. Ain’t been able to do that since 2018 I believe. Ain’t watched a full game since then, either. Im ready for some winning, and a player to get excited about. Only reason I’m a fan now is they’re the home team. 

Been some exciting football elsewhere, though. I’m loving watching the games of Kyler and Lamar.

Edited by AggieLean