• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam

ladypanther

5 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Why ?

Because hardly anyone comes back the next week after a concussion anymore. It's very rare anymore with the protocol requirements. I mean just think back at the missed time for the concussions on our team the last 5 years. Missing at least one game is basically a minimum anymore.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

I'm happy with his effort and he bounced back well enough but Joe Brady has to understand he does not have Cam Newton. Do not put your qb in jeopardy when you have a run game going like we did with Chuba and Abdullah.

I agree.  I was surprised by that move.

Normally, Sam would take those runs when we were in short-yardage downs but he ran him like he was a running back there.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

That play call where he got rocked boggled my mind.  Sam had bounced back a little from the disaster that the last few weeks were so let's run him like a RB (while we have two of those doing well) and get him lit the fug up one play after he got forearmed in the head already.  Knowing full damn well that PJ fuging Walker is the only other option on the roster.

Wut.

I hope he heals up quickly - he absolutely played his face off.

Edited by mwright350
  • Pie 5

9 minutes ago, portcity said:

DJ was the only receiver on the roster to have a catch for positive yards. That is not going to work on any team that's not the Falcons. 

like with all the issues on the team, and Sam has made some boneheaded throws and i legit cannot figure out why his timing was so whack earlier this season

Our WRs cannot gain consistent separation. I do not know why.

Anyway on topic Sam was on target and on time today and made a few nice throws, and few that were dropped. His numbers don't really indicate his play today.

Really, REALLY impressed though with how he managed the game. He was make checks and adjustments very well and our offense moved very well against a Falcons team that was trending up.

Still a question mark long term -- he can absolutely develop and grow despite some people on here telling you otherwise -- but can he do it in a timely manner?  But this was a good bounce back game for him.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2