• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Patriots at Panthers GameDay Thread

Zod

Couple of stories going on here. 

1) Who will be our QB?

2)Will CMC be able to play?

3)Can Rhule and Co. outdo Belichick?

4) Can our O-line stand up to the Patriots front seven? 

On the first, Darnold gives us a shot (not a great one), PJ gives us probably something embarrassing. On the second, this is probably our biggest factor in having a shot at being competitive. Thirdly, if they can't does the slide continue from here?

And lastly, that O-line issue has been the killer for us this season. Watch for the Patriot with the red sleeves, Matt Judon. If we can't slow him down, the day is done, whether it is pass heavy or run heavy for us. 

All these questions are unanswered for us right now, but none of them look good. I hate to predict it, but I'm thinking it will be:

Patriots: 21

Carolina: 10

I hope I am so very wrong here.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

CMC opens up the offense and hides our deficiencies on the offensive line. Our lineman were getting beat like a drum in the first three games but the quick outlet passes prevented the sacks. We seemed to have finally have found a  complimentary 2nd option out of the backfield with Abdullah also. 

We will stick with the run and use quick passes in this game with an occasional downfield shot. 

Defensively I hope we begin to see that top 5 unit shining through with Gilmore locking down one side. 

• Pie 2

The Pats will likely just load up the box to stop the run, but that doesn't always work. Basically Sam, assuming he plays, has to make the throws we brought him here to make. He has a huge contract and Rhule's reputation is on the line. Make the throws to guys in single coverage and guys who are open, or pack your bags Sam.

• Pie 1