• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold getting MRI on shoulder.

Tbe

I don't think that Darnold was coddled. I think that the lack of competition, the signing of the extension... These were signs of the hubris of this coaching staff.  So sure of their ability to rehabilitate any player that they thought they could turn around a guy's career while failing to give him the actual support he needed on the football field or in the QB room.  That's the thing.  Bringing in a seasoned vet that has had decent success as a backup isn't about competition, IMO.  It is about another set of eyes.  Getting a guy behind Darnold that has seen things, that can offer insight, etc.  What the heck can PJ (or Grier, had we kept him) offer Darnold? Nothing.

If they were REALLY going to treat Darnold like a rookie, they should have built around him like one: A veteran backup to help him.  A good OL.  Etc.  We did pick up a nice TE, which is every young QB's best friend... but we then traded that TE for a guy that has barely played (well, and a 3rd round pick ... ).

Anyway... Darnold needs to SIT. He's done. We've continued fuging him the way the Jets started.  Just get it over with and IR him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

The Panthers picked  up the fifth-year option on Sam Darnolds rookie contract. This means he will now make $18.9 million for the 2022 season. 

Will some salary cap wise person,please inform me about the amount of salary cap hit the team would take if they release him in 2022. Also,how could we get around paying him other than a  trade, which would be almost impossible to find an interested team?.

7 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

The Panthers picked  up the fifth-year option on Sam Darnolds rookie contract. This means he will now make $18.9 million for the 2022 season. 

Will some salary cap wise person,please inform me about the amount of salary cap hit the team would take if they release him in 2022. Also,how could we get around paying him other than a  trade, which would be almost impossible to find an interested team?.

Its 18.9 for next year and there is absolutely no way around not paying it.

• Pie 1