• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just 1 game.. But boy it seem like we had 2 Cancers..

WOW!!

Paradis had been playing well pretty much all year, Elfein struggled early at G, he's a natural C. The interior pressure was primarily John Miller and whoever played LG when Elf was hurt. 

Who'd have thought our third string LT would look better than our starting RG. 

QB play is also a factor as far as getting the ball out.

• Beer 1

Sam wasn't a cancer at all - he didn't seem to be actively negative. As I said in the 'Sam's reaction' thread he clearly gave his all to the team, he just didn't/doesn't have that je ne sais quoi that this offense was clearly lacking and also quickly regressed to where his play was a hindrance.

No question though that the magic was there today on the offensive side. Hopefully it remains in place.

• Pie 4

I wouldn’t even put Paradis on the list.

Our struggles basically came down to Darnold not being able to read and process NFL defenses.

P.J. went through his reads very quickly today; I can’t remember many scenarios where he had the ball still in his hands past 3.5 seconds.

I think we were able to see today why Brady was getting so frustrated with Darnold. His vision and football IQ just isn’t where it needs to be to be an NFL QB.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I wouldn’t even put Paradis on the list.

Our struggles basically came down to Darnold not being able to read and process NFL defenses.

P.J. went through his reads very quickly today; I can’t remember many scenarios where he had the ball still in his hands past 3.5 seconds.

I think we were able to see today why Brady was getting so frustrated with Darnold. His vision and football IQ just isn’t where it needs to be to be an NFL QB.

Yup PJ was at the line reading the defense and communicating clearly with the line all game, very much comfortable and in control. Sam was down in the headset calling the basic play with 5 seconds left. It comes down to the staff making a huge evaluation mistake/giving up 3 draft picks for Darnold and forcing their hand in having to play him. Better late than never pulling the plug though

• Pie 2