• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we lose to Atlanta does Tepper fire Rhule

Zod

2 hours ago, Smithers said:

Head coaches have a learning curve too.  Especially ones new to the NFL.  

Getting blown out by teams whose own coaches are on a short leash isn't a learning curve that's just plain bad. We should not be getting outcoached by Joe Judge and Jason Garrett or Brian Flores and Ron Rivera but here we are.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think that'll come into play until we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Not sure if losing to ATL would accomplish that or not.

I believe Detroit is still technically mathematically alive for a playoff spot... so no we’re not close to being mathematically eliminated yet

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think that'll come into play until we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Not sure if losing to ATL would accomplish that or not.

When i hear the word playoffs associated with a losing record  team like the Panthers, i cannot help but think of Jim Moras playoff rant.

Edited by KatsAzz
  • Beer 2

4 hours ago, chknwing said:

Carolina wins out, gets to the playoffs.  Rhule isn't the real problem, the issue is hes new to the NFL, needs to be coached up so to speak but theres no one on this staff that can do that.  Maybe bringing in a OC thats been a head coach before could really vault Rhule into an NFL caliber head coach.

That’s the one positive thing I remember about John Fox - he brought in Dan Henning who had a ton of NFL coaching experience as his 1st offensive play caller. Rhule would have done well to do the same and if he stays on another year I hope he does just that.

Edited by Prowler2k18

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Getting blown out by teams whose own coaches are on a short leash isn't a learning curve that's just plain bad. We should not be getting outcoached by Joe Judge and Jason Garrett or Brian Flores and Ron Rivera but here we are.

So should Sean Payton and Kliff Kingsbury be fired for allowing Rhule to out coach them?

5 hours ago, chknwing said:

Rhule isn't the real problem, the issue is hes new to the NFL, needs to be coached up so to speak but theres no one on this staff that can do that. 

I believe that Matt Rhule would have likely been more successful in Carolina had he selected former head coaches as his OC and DC.  Rhule clearly needs a mentor or two with NFL head coaching experience. 

Having said that, the first step to solving a problem is recognizing you have one.

Do you think Rhule would admit he needs coaching up?  I don't.

As a condition of employment, Matt insisted on full control when it came to selecting his own staff and got it.   

Yeah, Rhule's biggest problem is Matt Rhule.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1