• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post your ideal Panthers offseason!

Doc Holiday

What do you want to see happen in an ideal situation?

1. Fire Rhule

2. Trade some of our players that we know we won’t be keeping or just need to get rid of and have value for picks. (Brown, CMC)

3. sign Cam to a career ending in Carolina Contract. Incentives for starting, but when he isn’t starting, redzone and short yardage situations.

3. Draft on actual team needs (offensive line, and more offensive line and LB’er)

4. Resign Reddick and Gilmore 

5. sign some quality depth for the Oline.

6. Address the O-line.

no use in Drafting a QB behind this oline. Intentionally tank next year and Draft a QB. When we fire Rhule we are resetting the clock on the rebuild so keep that in mind. Also please no more career contracts for 1 year of decent play or trading draft picks 1-4. Stated long before this year that we straight up shouldn’t ever trade those picks. 

Edited by Doc Holiday
  • Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

- Fire Matt Rhule

- Drop the full power head coach structure

- Hire Nathaniel Hackett

That's pretty much it. The specifics after that don't really concern me all that much as long as those things happen.

Same exact poo from me.  I posted a thing about Hackett some time ago with Rodgers comments and such but too lazy to fetch it.

Edited by Fox007

In an ideal world..

-Fire Rhule and drop the HC dominated structure, I wanna see what Fitt and Morgan can do.

-Hire Toub, Eberflus, or another good head coach candidate who has preferably been around the game for a while.

-Resign Gilmore, Luvu and Cam depending on what he wants. Let Reddick walk, we can't have such small players on both edge spots and don't have the money to bring him and Gilly back. Plus it gives Yetur a shot to step up and our depth is already decent.

-Look for a good cheap LB/FS (depending on where the new staff wants to play chinn the most) to compliment Shaq in FA alongside OL depth.

-Address the OL in whatever way possible, trade down if a good offer presents itself but if not Lindenbaum or maybe Cross (havent watched him yet) in the draft. Would love Araiza somewhere in the draft too, especially if we go with Toub.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wouldn't throw out guys like Moore, Brows, etc. with the bath water just yet. Everyone regressed under Rhule and company this season.

Yeah I was a pretty outspoken critic of the Brown pick when it happened but I wholeheartedly agree about being patient with him and a lot of other younger guys. He was playing pretty well earlier in the year (top 10 in DT pass rush win rate for quite a while) and just regressed as the year went on, alongside pretty much the rest of the team. Basically all of our young guys at best plateaued and didn't improve any, at worse noticeably regressed.

Our youth still has a lot of talent and I'm not ready to give up on this potential core we have yet; there's a lot of very unique pieces in place and so many of them have issues that are very fixable for an NFL caliber coaching staff.

Edited by beo
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, BIGH2001 said:

Fire Rhule, address offensive line with 3-4 new guys. Sign a better MLB. Sign vet QB or keep Cam and then draft Howell. 

Can't do all that and draft Howell with no 2nd, or 3rd round picks, with guys like Gilmore, Jackson, and Reddick on the re-sign dockett. 

Getting a 1st round QB needs to likely leave people's minds. We NEED to trade back, and accumulate more picks inside the first two days of the draft. 

Our best bet is keeping Cam on a 1-2 year deal, he needs to be the bridge, off-load Sam (even if that means eating 3/4 of the guarantees)

Use the newly acquired trade capitol to address the OL on the first two days of the draft, and with extra picks if a Malik Willis falls due to ''needs time to develop'' we can afford to do so. 

But Rhule needs to go, he showed his true colors ''not wanting to hurt Sam's feelings'', versus sh****** on Cam each and every chance he gets, it's clear he NEVER wanted Cam, though Cam's resume' at the NFL level still usurps Rhules and he knew it. This ''program'' crap is not an NFL ideal that can be realized. 

• Pie 2