• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This Sunday - a likely reality for us Cam stans

CRA

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Approaching this from the coldheartedly realistic side...

It's not Matt Rhule's job to give Cam Newton a proper sendoff or to make his fans happy. We sh-t all over Ron Rivera for trying to give older players storybook endings, and rightly so.

Rhule's job is to win professional football games, and if benching Cam Newton is the best way to do that, he'd be thoroughly justified in doing so.

That's a perfectly valid argument...

...with one major flaw 😕

Matt Rhule has shown quite clearly that he doesn't really know how to win professional football games, so why should we trust his judgment on this decision anymore than we trust it on others?

Me? I'm no professional but of it were my ass on the line, I'd keep Newton as the starter through the rest of the season.

Course, if it were my ass on the line, I'd like to think I wouldn't have hired a college coaching staff to do a professional job 😕

these losses are so unnecessary , that 2 qb system works for the panthers. let pj drive downfield, and cam finishes it off however cam sees fit. but rhule is now scared of upsetting the fans by putting pj back in. they brought cam back because you guys wanted cam back and now that isn't even working. 

13 minutes ago, Tinamedina said:

they brought cam back because you guys wanted cam back

Matt Rhule and company are incompetent at their jobs and incapable of fielding a competitive team.  Bringing Cam back was a Hail Mary by the Panthers (Tepper most likely) to appease the fans and possibly win a few games late in the season.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

8 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

So you hate on the MVP quarterback but you defend the loser college coach 

make it make sense 

I took his post to mean Cam no longer has championship potential, which is about 99.9% accurate at this stage. That’s not hate, that’s reality.  
We all know Rhule blows dead bears. 

Edited by ickmule

Give Cam the start, put Sam in as #2 QB and just let PJ have an easy day without a uniform.

As to next season, Cam isn't the answer at QB. He would, however, be one of the best possession receivers you could ask for. Just saying the guy has the world record for most one handed catches in a row, has a distinct competitive spirit, you can't teach 6'5" 245 lbs, he knows the route tree (from QB perspective) and he is a monster to bring down when he has the ball. 

Could be a great second act for Cam. If Rhule is gone.

• Poo 1