• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reminder: When the panthers are in the playoffs next year under matt rhule all your crybaby overreacting posts this year will be exposed and reposted.

Gipetto

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

Only way we make the playoffs next year with rhule is if we somehow rebuild the oline in one off-season without a 2nd or 3rd rounder and get a qb that can compete now or get insanely lucky with a rookie qb who is good right out of the gate. He’s not gonna resign Cam. And even then I’m not sure rhule has what it takes.

That’s the problem though. He went so defense heavy in the draft and FA the past two years that it’s going to take multiple off seasons, not just one, to build this offense and you think he’s gonna be in the playoffs next year? We’re ranked 20th against the run after two off seasons of heavy defense. That’s bad. We were honestly better last year, playing a harder schedule and competing with playoff teams then we are this year with one of the easiest schedules in the league with more talent. Getting blown out by some of the worst teams in the league. This points to coaching being the main problem and how they’ve built the team.

What is the explanation for why we were better last year? Had the league just not figured us out yet? Did teams mail it in when they played us thinking it would be an easy win? I’m a rhule hater as much as the next guy but just curious.

22 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

What is the explanation for why we were better last year? Had the league just not figured us out yet? Did teams mail it in when they played us thinking it would be an easy win? I’m a rhule hater as much as the next guy but just curious.

Offensive implosion this year which is directly related to how rhule has handled the qb and oline situation. Teddy is mediocre but he was competent. Like a game manager should be. Sam was literally ruining games and the oline magnified his shitty play. Teddy obviously wasn’t the answer but he was a bridge to a legit qb. They thought Sam was the answer based on giving up a 2nd and 2 other picks and picking up his 18 mil 5th option. These are fireable offenses imo. Especially when they’ve been harping on this being a rebuild and then doing the exact opposite like we’re in win now mode. It makes no sense. 

the defense last year wasn’t great especially on 3rd down and run defense but they did make some crucial stops in critical moments. The only two games we got legitimately blown out was the saints last game of the year and the one Bucs game. We went toe to toe with the chiefs and packers. 

Edited by TheRumGone

I mean, @Gipetto could be right. Anything is possible. My thing is, like I said in another thread, "I don't think anyone here has a patent on perfection." So all the threatening to save posts is, well, a wee bit over the top. But, to each his own. 

I was one of the few who said that I'd give Rhule another chance as late as two weeks ago, but even I have given up on him, and that's saying something. I'm not going to repeat what IMO are his flaws, as others have already done that here, and I've done it into other threads, but suffice it to say that Rhule has earned his lack of support.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't get canned in January, but if he gets the opportunity to turn this broken ship around and actually does in 2022, I'll get in line to give him praise, and I'll even throw in some pie to you, G, in your I-told-you-so thread. That would be one helluva story, and I like redemption stories, but it's looking more like wishful thinking--a fairytale.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1