• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold likely starting again for last few games

Saca312

9 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

What you said is true. No one is disputing that. But, let's be honest. Darnold has played behind some atrocious offensive lines in NY and Carolina. He doesn't appear to have received stellar coaching either. That's a lot to put on guy who is still only 25( I think) This year Sam, PJ, and Cam have literally had to run for the lives one second after snapping the ball. How can anyone process the field when they barely have time to set their feet?

I We all know Darnold has all the physical tools to play the position. We all know that he's a tough guy. So far he hasn't mastered the mental aspects of the position. Still I have the nagging thought that just won't go away. If he ever landed with a team/coach with a talent for grooming QBs (Walsh, Reid, McVey) he just might become a viable QB in the NFL.

We can talk about coaching we can talk about the offensive line we can go left right up down whichever way to make an excuse. But as a starter in 2021 Sam Darnold is at the very bottom of QBR and passer rating and only the rookie quarterbacks are worse.

African American Reaction GIF

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

You are not existing within reality. Cam is going to be 33 years old next season and was never our long term answer. But Sam is a bust and you are just circling the drain grasping for anything just like Jets fans did for years.

I'm not a Sam Darnold fan. I wasn't high on him coming  out of USC. I saw the flaws in his game. Still, I cringed when he got picked by the Jets.

Some 21 year old kids can handle the transition to the NFL almost immediately (Wilson, Flacco , Ryan, Herbert), but for most their is some struggle (just look at this year's 1st round class). Putting a turnover prone QB like Darnold in the media capital of the world with a coach like Adam Gase was a disaster in the making.

Then he comes to Carolina, a team with one of the worst O-lines in the league, and an offense where players around the league say they know what routes we're running before then ball is snapped didn't exactly set him for success. Losing CMAC only made things worse.

Darnold should have never been a first round pick. Talent wise he seemed more like a 2nd/3rd rounder who should have had time to sit on the bench and given time to learn the game from the sidelines and QB room for his first couple of years in the league.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

34 minutes ago, frankw said:

You are not existing within reality. Cam is going to be 33 years old next season and was never our long term answer. But Sam is a bust and you are just circling the drain grasping for anything just like Jets fans did for years.

Thank you ...damn these people have come full circle. Making excuses for Darnold whilst constructing a false narrative to poo on Cam. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Cam is definitely not good enough. So it doesn’t really matter. Everyone but the stand knew he wasn’t either but I honestly don’t know if cam crawling on the turf is any sign he is done to them. This was a move to sell tickets and calm fans, nothing more. It’s too bad the stans couldn’t understand that. But that’s how the plan worked.

And it’s comical to think fans are being alienated…you cam Stans who have been away anyways and just started posting for the first time in a couple years obviously by all the new logins and people all of a sudden remembering theirs…yea how terrible to alienate them lol.

Everything you said is a lie...how does that feel?

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

snip

Right, its beyond obvious that none of these QBs are as bad as this offense has made them look and that includes Darnold.

Our WRs have poo numbers too even though they have both been 1k WRs each on the same year before....its not CMC, its not the WRs, its not the QBs...even though none of our QBs would be top 10 guys anymore they could do work in a real offense.

I also wonder if college teams won't be paying attention to old Snow there...seems like Rhule been getting carried by the old man this whole time which is beyond obvious to us now but I seriously wonder if others are paying attention.

Snows defense isn't a problem and when you put on the tape when a big play happens its always one of the DEs getting too far up field and losing contain. Or LB not named Shaq just literally running himself out of the play and the play goes right to where he was and they score or get a big gain. OR Jackson jumping routes for some reason and getting torched all game(s)

Basically every issue with the defense you can clearly point out a player fug up. On offense its a poo show from bottom to top and top to bottom. The system is the issue even as we have trash can OL. Snow is the real coach of Rhules crew.

• Pie 2

I'm really starting to wonder if that reddit conspiracy theory is holding up: Matt is going to pull out all the stops to make Sam look good while pooing on Cam to prove his point/ego.

Also, fact is Rhule has coddled Sam, but beat the other three black qbs to bits about their decision making...  I'm not saying Matt is showing favoritism, but it really can be viewed from an unflattering perspective.

I also understand, in a way, for putting Darnold back out there. May as well see what you're working with.  Has he changed any?  Or is he still poo?  I'm guess Sam still sucks...

Matt just needs to stick with one guy, and ride that horse until the end of the season.

2 hours ago, toldozer said:

This may be a bashed take but Sam is a better qb than Cam currently. Bring Cam in the Redzone and that's it. And I LOVE Cam but Ron ran him into the ground for 7 years. Played him hurt for no reason several times and this is the result.

Youre not wrong. And Sam is like 24 years old and is as physically gifted as all but a select few QBs in the league. He’s accurate, has a strong arm, and is athletic. All his problems are between the ears. At least with a good coach and an OLine that made him more confident there could be something there. Rhule wasnt wrong that Sam could be a huge reward project with the right coaching, he was just wrong thinking he was the “right coaching”

on the other hand you have Cam who is past his prime and would need a bionic shoulder to get through a season

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I'm really starting to wonder if that reddit conspiracy theory is holding up: Matt is going to pull out all the stops to make Sam look good while pooing on Cam to prove his point/ego.

Also, fact is Rhule has coddled Sam, but beat the other three black qbs to bits about their decision making...  I'm not saying Matt is showing favoritism, but it really can be viewed from an unflattering perspective.

I also understand, in a way, for putting Darnold back out there. May as well see what you're working with.  Has he changed any?  Or is he still poo?  I'm guess Sam still sucks...

Matt just needs to stick with one guy, and ride that horse until the end of the season.

He’s a college coach so there is bound to be some favoritism in the way that he handles the team.

College football is essentially a lot of politics and donor opinions, mixed in with some over recruiting and favoritism, sprinkled with a dash of coaching.

There’s a reason why there isn’t much parity in college football, there are very few coaches that know exactly what it takes to lead a team from the towel boy all the way to the star QB.