• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Tepper a bottom 5 owner?

Is Tepper Bottom 5  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Well, is he?

• Yes
    • No

He will learn from his mistakes

He wants to win and will throw resources at it until he does. A hands off owner that will pay a sshitload to get the job done. 

Id rather him give a coach a little too long than be the demanding, impatient, tyrant that will cut down everything prematurely. 

plus, i know im in the vast minority, but i think Rhule deserves another year. Hes taken 3 years to turn it around everywhere hes been. 

just my opinion and intuition dont attack me 

• Pie 5
  • Poo 1

Four losing years with a fifth looming 

‘you are what your record says you are’ applies to owners too   

his choices.  His franchise   He does what he wants. He has the money to do it 

the fans, oh well.

he best hope his golden boy produces.  Cities don’t typical pay for losing franchises’ new stadium dreams 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 3

Depends on the metric.  In terms of actual results on the field yeah, Carolina is one of the true shitcan teams.  For actual football Tepper is bottom five.

For other aspects, Dan Snyder is the worst person to own an NFL franchise and it's not close.  Kroenke and Spanos basically told their original host cities and fans to go fug themselves.  The McNairs are documented assholes.  Up until very recently Bucs fans didn't have anything good to say about the Glazers.  Of course the Lions are perennial garbage.

e: Tom Benson was a scumbag too.  He was actively working toward moving the Saints out of New Orleans after Katrina until Paul Tagliabue basically talked him out of it.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
  • Pie 6

1 hour ago, The Huddler said:

He will learn from his mistakes

He wants to win and will throw resources at it until he does. A hands off owner that will pay a sshitload to get the job done. 

Id rather him give a coach a little too long than be the demanding, impatient, tyrant that will cut down everything prematurely. 

plus, i know im in the vast minority, but i think Rhule deserves another year. Hes taken 3 years to turn it around everywhere hes been. 

just my opinion and intuition dont attack me 

He’s not hands off though. If he would’ve hired an established advisor for a coach and GM search and then just let them do their job he’d be a great owner. But his hands are on every single aspect of this football team. He was cocky and thought he knew it all since he was with the Steelers and they had success. But he hasn’t made any good decisions so far, not a one.

• Pie 4