• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A few answers from The Athletic's mailbag

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Yeah, um, time to really get into those Hornets.

These destructive know it all's have captured my Panthers and are determined to make them the Jets. No thanks. 

Most of us legacy huddlers are as die hard as you can get but these jackasses are killing our franchise and fandom.

F' these dummies.

GO HORNETS!

Panthers were already pretty close franchise wise to the Jets…and Jags.

Now if he wants to turn us into the Lions yea f him

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

Panthers were already pretty close franchise wise to the Jets…and Jags.

Now if he wants to turn us into the Lions yea f him

The sad thing is he thinks he's Bob Kraft letting a Belicheck type do his thing lol.  I see no way in hell we even sniff the playoffs at this rate next year so we'll be sitting at this next offseason in the same exact position.  5-8 wins, high-mid 1st round pick, no QB, sh*t coach.

At this point, I can realistically see a scenario where he appears less and less, we go 8-9 next year, and Rhule is retained again.  

40 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Tepper thinking he can ghost on this mess and won't have his soccer team or anything else publicly ridiculed is naïve and I look forward to the shame that flies his way. 

Is 50m worth the hate and contempt that's going to be directed at his soccer team? People are not going to invest emotionally into another team run by Tepper when he's running this one into the ground. Canning Rhule at this point makes more business sense than anything else given his 2-12 finish and the way the team performed down the stretch. 

Fans can't dictate business decisions but fans aren't the only ones who have noticed there is a gigantic lack of NFL HC ability currently. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Verge said:

Signing Donte over Gilmore would make literally no sense.

He'll likely be cheaper and he's a lot younger so it actually does make sense. I'd honestly actually lean towards letting both walk for various reasons though. We still have a lot of talent at CB and could better spend that money elsewhere and take the comp picks.

Edited by t96
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, t96 said:

He'll likely be cheaper and he's a lot younger so it actually does make sense. I'd honestly actually lean towards letting both walk for various reasons though. We still have a lot of talent at CB and could better spend that money elsewhere and take the comp picks.

Jackson's also not the same player since Rivera dismantled him.

9 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Is 50m worth the hate and contempt that's going to be directed at his soccer team? People are not going to invest emotionally into another team run by Tepper when he's running this one into the ground. Canning Rhule at this point makes more business sense than anything else given his 2-12 finish and the way the team performed down the stretch. 

Fans can't dictate business decisions but fans aren't the only ones who have noticed there is a gigantic lack of NFL HC ability currently. 

Why would someone who loves soccer and would support an MLS team going to have animosity towards the team just because Tepper is the owner? From everything I've seen, he's had nothing to do with hiring the Manager or any roster decisions. I know people on this board can't disconnect Tepper from the soccer team, (and some of y'all are convinced he's prioritizing soccer over football) but I have a feeling most folks in the real world can divorce the Panthers from Charlotte FC and let both teams sink or swim on their own.

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I honestly think he just doesn't see it that way, or really see it at all. Look angry fans is what fans do. He could still be a hustled mark at this point with what we know. 'Next year we do it like back in school'...

I do think as this continues that will change. It will continue for sure, Rhule is the media's easy mark and most fans are pissed in a way I have never seen with this team. It's not going away. I'm here for it and I'm more invested in that process then the actual football side at this point. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

If Rhule loses and is actually given a 4th or 5th year, or god forbid all 7, it will be the first time this has ever happened in the NFL. 
I know coaches that have stayed on max a 4th year after having 3 losing season, but usually they always get fired during the season. 
I really feel like Tepper and Rhule is treating this franchise like a college team. 
In college Rhule would get till the end of his contract to turn the team around. 
This is unprecedented if Rhule actually completes his contract even if he only has losing seasons. 

46 minutes ago, davos said:

The sad thing is he thinks he's Bob Kraft letting a Belicheck type do his thing lol.  I see no way in hell we even sniff the playoffs at this rate next year so we'll be sitting at this next offseason in the same exact position.  5-8 wins, high-mid 1st round pick, no QB, sh*t coach.

At this point, I can realistically see a scenario where he appears less and less, we go 8-9 next year, and Rhule is retained again.  

I've said all year that Rhule will get at least 4 years. That was mostly due to the length and amount of that contract, but it might also be because Tepper is a true believer in Rhule. Or he just doesn't care.