• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are your thoughts of the "going all in" approach that the Rams took?

Takes BALLS to show this level of organizational commitment and following through pursuing the plan aggressively at every opportunity...congratulations RAMS, well done.

Panthers on the other hand, have an owner who boasts of having BIG BALLS but shows clear evidence of being a weak kneed, arrogant and egotistical Pu$$ee.

Who the fug gives a marginal college coach the keys to your newly acquired NFL kingdom? ANSWER: one who thinks he's smarter than everybody else in the room. RESULTS: absolute crash and burn clown show, laughing stock of the league and too damn arrogant to admit it. 

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I said it then and I said it now but we had posters thinking it was outrageous to do so, once you have the most Important position locked in(qb) the clock starts ticking, we spent too much time during cam’s prime questioning whether he was a franchise guy instead of surrounding him with what we needed to consistently compete for a chip.

i also wanted us to trade up for a wr like evans or Odell instead of settling for Benjamin 

Fwiw I remember Gettleman always stressing “there is no window”. His strategy was old school, build through the draft win in the trenches yada yada. Turns out he was dead wrong and “windows” are a very real thing.

2 hours ago, Billy Love said:

Takes BALLS to show this level of organizational commitment and following through pursuing the plan aggressively at every opportunity...congratulations RAMS, well done.

Panthers on the other hand, have an owner who boasts of having BIG BALLS but shows clear evidence of being a weak kneed, arrogant and egotistical Pu$$ee.

Who the fug gives a marginal college coach the keys to your newly acquired NFL kingdom? ANSWER: one who thinks he's smarter than everybody else in the room. RESULTS: absolute crash and burn clown show, laughing stock of the league and too damn arrogant to admit it. 

Balls, or lack thereof, isn't the problem with this team.

It's a lack of brains that's at the heart of the issue.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Cary Kollins said:

Fwiw I remember Gettleman always stressing “there is no window”. His strategy was old school, build through the draft win in the trenches yada yada. Turns out he was dead wrong and “windows” are a very real thing.

David Gettleman might not believe in windows, but I bet he believes in doors.

He's been shown THE door at least twice in recent memory.

Getting Out GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

20 hours ago, BlitzMonster said:

A team has to be somewhat close to being a SB squad for it to work.    A lot of the big pieces have to already be there. 

During the prime Cam years, that would have been a good strategy.  

Rumor was out there that Joe Thomas could've been traded for a first rounder but Gettletits wanted to keep the first rounder.

Anyway, the Rams traded/signed QB1, RB2, CB1, WR2, DE1, and OLB1. That's not sustainable. They don't have a first rounder until 2024. Going all in is what they've continued to do for a few years. I don't see them "running it back." Anytime soon. 

6 hours ago, rayzor said:

Thsts why he suggested trading for Joe Thomas (in hindsight) might have helped neutralize that jackass von Miller.

We haven't valued the OL or shown much ability to help the OL for two coaches now. 

It has been undervalued and we've shown no ability to judge personnel in our limited attempts to help it.

I have to apologize.  For some reason in my mind I was thinking Earl Thomas when I read that. Please excuse my comment.

21 hours ago, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

I'd say this is the first time that I can recall that it's actually worked. 

The eagles dream team was the biggest miss I can recall. 

The Bucs was pretty much a band of mercenaries. 

They did it so slowly and sneaky its easy to forget; but Brady, Gronk, Fournette, AB, and lots of others I forget. Even a kicker ffs lol

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, rayzor said:

Yep. Could very well be a wasted pick. If Rhule gets fired, new coach will probably want his guy in there taking advantage of a much better class.

Agree...I really hope Fitterer is making these decisions.  I have confidence in him as GM and decision maker for the most part.  We don't know what Rhule or even Tepper is forcing here.  I think if we pick Kenny Pickett...IMO...Fitterer's hand is being forced.  

Odds do not favor them repeating the success they had this season.  It's extremely difficult to go all in every season in the salary cap era without it catching up to you.

It's also difficult to maintain the motivation and chemistry among teammates.  The chemistry that has driven them to the ultimate goal and glory off becoming champions. A lot of players will be satisfied with that and who can fault them.  It takes a special group of leaders to keep the young guys hungry and the vets engaged. 

It takes a great head coach to pull all of that off. 

Getting all of those things to fall into place and have fortune's favor along the way?  That's why repeating is almost impossible.