• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gilmore

ncfan

He’s 31, unless he’s interested in a hometown discount deal, those funds are better spent on the OL. 

traded for him when they thought they had a shot at post season.. once the structure caught fire and burned to the ground a vet CB looking at UFA just isn’t a great match. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

26 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

I'm guessing the plan was to trade a 6th round pick for a future 3rd round (comp) pick.

This was always a good trade for us. We had the cap, and we bet that we would get a better pick than what we traded for him. Thats 3D level chess what Fitt did. 

Lets all stop bitching. Think what you want about Rhule but Fitt is the next generation of GM's. 

• Pie 2

47 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's 31. We aren't in a position to contend. Resigning him would be dumb.

I don't think it would be dumb for us providing it's not a backbreaking deal.

But unless he just really wants to play for the hometown team, I do kinda think it'd be dumb for him.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

55 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

This was always a good trade for us. We had the cap, and we bet that we would get a better pick than what we traded for him. Thats 3D level chess what Fitt did. 

Lets all stop bitching. Think what you want about Rhule but Fitt is the next generation of GM's. 

Due to his time in the league, Gilmore can at best net us a 5th. Not picking up a FA that cancels out that 5th round wouldn't seem to difficult, but our FO is making some silly moves so far with signing Walker and Thomas so I wouldn't back on any guarantees. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's 31. We aren't in a position to contend. Resigning him would be dumb.

I disagree.

Extending Donte would be even dumber.  And guys like Gilmore are usually able to transition to safety as they age out of corner and still have just as much of an impact.  It would be dumb to let him walk if he wants to be here.

• Pie 3