• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Straight up Yes or No: Do you want the Panthers to Trade for Deshaun Watson? If we do, will you still be a fan?

Ricky Spanish

Watson Poll  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Panthers to trade for Watson?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will you still be a Panther Fan if we trade for Watson?

• Yes
    • No

If we were a QB and a few players away from making a deep run in the playoffs, I would say ‘yes’. With the current state of the roster, an OL in flux and the uncertain future of the staff, we’d have to give up too much to get him which would really set us back UMO

• Pie 2

30 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

The Hornets fans turned on George Shinn over similar social concerns and abandoned the team...

...went from perennial NBA attendance leaders to playing in an empty arena...

...owners moved the team.  

Signing Mr. Whip-It-Out is the only thing I can envision that would put the Panthers on a path that leads to an exit from Charloot...

No. Attendance was down, but Shinn fudged the numbers so he could move the team to NO. 

• Beer 2

First, I don't want us trading for anyone. It will just put us in a deeper hole. The more it takes to aquire, the less attractive it becomes. We've spent too much on bad decisions made by this staff. I don't want this staff making more decisions like that. 

Then there's the sexual misconduct thing. I've worked with enough victims of sexual abuse that it just makes me uncomfortable backing a team that will spend as much as it will take on someone who does that kind of thing. 

But I've been kind of on my way out this year anyways. Tired of the constant bad decisions and mismanagement of them s team. They've got some issues to work out and this would be just one more issue that is going to cost and keep costing.

They aren't going to win a Superbowl with him. They won't do better than we did with Cam. It's just not going to be worth it.

Keeping Rhule was the major issue for me. Paying a king's ransom for Watson would be another. It's just a road that I wish we wouldn't go down.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

If we were a QB and a few players away from making a deep run in the playoffs, I would say ‘yes’. With the current state of the roster, an OL in flux and the uncertain future of the staff, we’d have to give up too much to get him which would really set us back UMO

Exactly - the "Yes" "No" isn't enough options to clearly vote your opinion.  I would love to get Watson - if his legal stuff was gone - and we had a stable coaching staff and OLine - and he didn't cost 3 years worth of talent lol.  

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Since this is mostly directed at me let me be the one to set the record straight.  The Panthers could win the next 10 SB's and I still would not be a fan or watch a single game if Watson is on the team.   Is that clear enough for you?

It's more directed at me since I'm the one that said I wouldn't be a fan of the Panthers anymore. 

If we trade for Watson now, while all this stuff is still going on, then we as a franchise don't give a poo about the damage he may have caused or the people he may have or may hurt because hey, he can throw a ball. That doesn't sit right with me and that's an understatement. 

I've known 3 women in my life that have been assaulted. Unless you have dealt with the damage that causes first hand, it's hard to fathom how much pain, fear and lack of trust there is. Phone calls because someone stood outside their house too long. Panic attacks in the middle of the night or walking througha grocery store. I've sat awake on a sofa more than a few nights just so they could get sleep and feel a little safe. Even decades after it happened, they're not the same. You can watch certain things happen that trigger the memory, or a smell. And then they move a little closer or squeeze your arm to know someone will protect them. It's heart breaking poo. It will fugging gut you. And I can't ever recall feeling so helpless knowing there was nothing I could really do to fix it. And as satisfying as it would be to do a little vigilante justice, you can't because they need you to be there more. And that is a hard pill to fugging swallow. 

Watson may be completely innocent. Innocent men get accused of poo all the time. He may also be guilty. There are almost 2 dozen potential victims if the accusations are legit. So if we, as a franchise, not knowing if he's innocent or guilty, decide that those potential victims don't matter, and the nature of this situation doesnt matter, because he can throw a ball, then fug this franchise.

If the matter is settled and he's innocent and the team wants to trade for him, fine. I still think the asking price will be too high and not worth it, because we need so many pieces and a QB that has shown he's willing to walk away from his team, and make some pretty piss poor decisions in his private life that can drastically affect his ability to play.

Legal poo aside, if we were a QB away from a legit SB shot, then I would understand and likely be ok with it. But we're not. We're not even close. Trading for Watson gets us a qb but strips away the ability to effectively build around him. Plus we still have Rhule and I don't want him making QB decisions because he is desperate to keep his job. A drowning man will always try and take someone with him. In this case, it would be the teams future for several years. 

• Pie 4