• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Florio: Panthers understand they have to give up 3 firsts, another pick, and 1-2 (Chinn, Burns, Brown, Horn)

Kraybrothers

33 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Team doesn't have the assets to make this happen. Seattle does. Whew. Trading all those pics for Darnold will work out by allowing us to dodge this bullet? Please god?

Draft picks aren’t better than known players on rookie deals. I don’t even know who Seattle has. We have several. The only thing that would stop this is if deshaun prefers Seattle because of his no trade clause. 

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Right now Tepper reminds me of the rich guy that paid the 10k buy in for the World Series of Poker because it looks so easy on TV. 

He's the same guy that bought a house for hundreds of millions just to demolish it of spite. 

The Texans (and the Panthers actually) are assuming those picks other than #6 overall would be bottom of the round 1st round picks. 

So the trade (if DW was as good as should be) would be: 

2022 #6 

2023 #28-31

2023 #90ish

2024 #28-31

Derrick Brown. 

I would do that deal IF they would take CMC and give us 2022 2nd round pick so we could clear cap space and sign some OL. 

At his deposition on Friday, Deshaun Watson exercised his fifth-amendment rights for "several" hours under questioning for 22 civil lawsuits accusing him of sexual assault and harassment.

Speaking to Aaron Wilson, Watson lawyer Rusty Hardin said that: "It went fine. He took the Fifth. No lawyer in the universe would allow his client to answer questions while that subject matter is under investigation before the grand jury." The more important question for the clarification of Watson's status will come out with the results of the grand jury meeting. Watson could be criminally charged today, which would likely cut off any chance of a trade resolving his status in the short term. 

That is fuggin nuts. Just gut whatever is left of this team for one guy who doesn't want to be here. If this asshat front office pushes this deal then they are hopeless. This organization is sinking fast and trying any quick fix they can find.

Edited by Jmac

I would be okay with trading Brown. He hasn’t been that good and isn’t living up to the expectations. I wouldn’t trade Horn. I might Trade Chinn. I would Trade Burns. Problem is they want that and the draft picks. Sorry but no. If we could trade McCaffrey it would free up a lot of room to sign free agents to fill the holes. If we give up all those draft picks then free agency is the only way to fill our roster with Top talent next year.

Personally I think we have too many holes to give up 3 first round picks for Watson. Sure we would probably be a playoff team but borderline playoff team.

1 minute ago, amcoolio said:

No to Horn, but the other three are replaceable. As much as Chinn is a good story and teammate and we love him, we could just sign one of the numerous starting level safeties for the same production. There are about 12 available in free agency 

Watson’s contract is going to eat up our salary cap. We already have dead money/cap issues. If we trade for him we will have no picks and no money for Free Agents. It will be a one main show and he will probably get injured behind our line with our shitty coaches. 

• Pie 1