• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Lol. No he didn't but believe what you want.

We will see. Whether he ends up here or not, the final price will be interesting.

How about this scenario, New Orleans and us get in a bidding war and Tepper gives up 4 1st rounders and some change because he doesn't want his guy to get away. Is that too much?

What did Stafford accomplish either personally or with the Lions as a team in 12 years that Watson did not accomplish in 4? A couple extra 9-7 seasons where Detroit missed the playoffs? lol

Just now, Derp said:

x.png.ec602fefd0a19a8c724b5a3941fb43ed.png

Not trying to be that guy, but you have zero credibility. Beyond just having no check, nobody serious about this field is going to put their pronouns/gender in their description/bio. You're a Panthers fan on the opposite side of the country? Must have some good sources out there with those Bills fans. You write for a Panther-themed 'website', but immediately separate your opinions/takes from them. You put out insider information that apparently not even Schefter has, and yet you claim you aren't a source? And then you put it out there? Surprised nobody's called out all the contradictions when your twitter feed is loaded with "Could, potentially, may," etc. Clearly words distancing yourself from the blowback if you're wrong.

"This is entirely made up, in case you couldn't tell. Confirmed it not to be the case." Not a source?

"I do not have any info on Watson right now. I will update you when I do." Not a source?

"The feeling in the Carolina building was described to me as "optimistic"." Not a source?

x2.png.2e7037adbdde47fea4943cb65d536376.png Not a source?

There's a ton more, too. You can't not be a source and report 'insider information. Smells fishy.

Awkward Oh Boy GIF by Sara Dietschy

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Lol. No he didn't but believe what you want.

We will see. Whether he ends up here or not, the final price will be interesting.

How about this scenario, New Orleans and us get in a bidding war and Tepper gives up 4 1st rounders and some change because he doesn't want his guy to get away. Is that too much?

It's already a ton for him now. That would be too much I believe. 4 years is a long, ass, time. 

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think so too. But I don't KNOW so. You better know before you gut your franchise for him.

Is he better than Dak? Is Dak worth this type of trade? Eh...

Yeah I know so. Does that mean he’s worth this return with still some potential that he could be suspended or have more legal issues in the future? No probably not. But he is absolutely an elite franchise QB up there with Mahomes, Allen, etc.

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

The stuff about holding CMC out is fan speculation. There is a truth we know even if you do not want to admit it. He is not the do all offensive piece you or the coaches have hoped for. Having the best RB cannot make up for not having a franchise QB. I'd like those things you mention too but I don't think it all happens together with a franchise QB. By the time we back our way into one the core will either be aged out or sign elsewhere. You can't just wait around hoping the next franchise QB will fall into your lap. Either you just suck and draft one every year or you make a move when one becomes available which is not often. That's where we're at 🤷‍♂️

Well, there won't be a core if he's traded here. The core will be the one coming here, surrounded by a roster that wouldn't make the USFL playoffs and a slob coach who gets a long leash because he was a short-order cook. 

1 minute ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

It's already a ton for him now. That would be too much I believe. 4 years is a long, ass, time. 

Three is too. Especially since our three are likely to all be top 5-10 picks. 

Again, I am not anti-Deshaun Watson, I am anti the SPECULATED price he may cost.

4 minutes ago, Derp said:

Not trying to be that guy, but you have zero credibility. Beyond just having no check, nobody serious about this field is going to put their pronouns/gender in their description/bio. You're a Panthers fan on the opposite side of the country? Must have some good sources out there with those Bills fans. You write for a Panther-themed 'website', but immediately separate your opinions/takes from them. You put out insider information that apparently not even Schefter has, and yet you claim you aren't a source? And then you put it out there? Surprised nobody's called out all the contradictions when your twitter feed is loaded with "Could, potentially, may," etc. Clearly words distancing yourself from the blowback if you're wrong.

"This is entirely made up, in case you couldn't tell. Confirmed it not to be the case." Not a source?

"I do not have any info on Watson right now. I will update you when I do." Not a source?

"The feeling in the Carolina building was described to me as "optimistic"." Not a source?

There's a ton more, too. You can't not be a source and report 'insider information. Smells fishy.

You should've had the guts to post that from your real account.

• Pie 6
  • Flames 3

4 minutes ago, Derp said:

@Verge has plenty of credibility. She has been spot on with the draft for years and has been increasingly correct about non-draft stuff too. One of the best posters here. Not sure why you care about the pro-nouns, they have nothing to do with the information she provides 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Stafford was tested against what? He went to three playoff games in 12 years with Detroit. If anything, there were more questions about him than Watson. Watson accomplished as much as Stafford from 2009-2020, if not more, within 4 years.

Yeah put either on this team and they’d be equally shitty.