• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

Much as I dont want to see Watson go to a division rival, I hope we lose out on this deal.  I am no hedgefund manager, but I just can not justify the asking price for one guy, who may not even want to come here to play or be the player he once was. or who could get a debilitating injury any moment of any practice or game.  

3 hours ago, unicar15 said:

1. What is the allure with New Orleans over CAR? I could understand with Sean Payton as the HC. But you’re going to a place where a legendary head coach just left, they missed the playoffs, and Dennis Allen is at the helm now? Not to mention the sorcery that Loomis pulled to create $100 mil in cap room is for sure going to catch up to them in the next few years. Don’t understand NO at all. 

2. The Atlanta situation to me seems like it’s completely about home comfort (which isn’t real) and not about football at all. The front office in ATL imo is one of the worst in the league. Even after they canned Dimitrov. They are digging themselves out of contracts that he left them. Fontnote is ok I guess? But he’s had one off-season. Basically he made one move last year…Kyle Pitts. He drafted Richie Grant who basically couldn’t get on the field? The falcons football situation is horrendous outside of maybe their coach and GM. The roster needs a ton of work and they have zero resources for multiple years. Then if they trade all the resources they have for Watson….I almost hope that if he doesn’t come here he goes there. Bc they’re going to be a dumpster fire for years even with Deshaun.  It’ll be a revolving door of old, overpaid free agents who get injured. 

Contrast those situations with what Fitt has prepped for the last 12-15 months. It’s not close as far as who has the best football situation. Rhule aside (he’s replaceable). Our cap is the best possible scenario. We’d lose very little that isn’t replaceable with free agents or draft picks. We’d be the the east coast version of the Rams in 18 mo. 

A normal person understand this. A young man who receives rubs and tugs from 22 random instagram girls (not board certified), may be just narcissistic enough to enjoy all this coverage and wondering… he’s never liked Carolina, why would he start now?

24 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Yes I was thinking the same, except we are in a better position to actually do that than both teams. This all seems so odd.

I don’t believe much right now and can see arguments for both sides of some of these tweets. It’s best to just not react too much and wait for deshaun to decide.

I think the best point in here is the longer this goes the better it is for us and the falcons. I can see both those arguments. Not so much for the browns or saints. But again anything can happen.

Atlanta didn't want you Dashaun.  You had to approach them.  They had committed to another guy.   If they are willing to screw Ryan what do you think they will do to you?

They will have to make room for you and will blame you for the loss of picks and capital.

We will be grateful that you saw the potential in us.  

Never underestimate the influence of family and friends.  In this business, you have no friends. Fans are not friends. Teammates come and go.  After going through the ordeal he has been through (and that is not to diminish what his alleged victims experienced) for over a year, mom's bosom is a calling.

1 hour ago, OceanPanther said:

Currently, New Orleans has a better  "team" / roster ,  than the Falcons or our Panthers.  They've won 58 games in the last 5 years.  Depending on what they have to give up to get Watson,  they'd be ready to compete with Tampa this season.  We aren't .  

I would argue that NO has a similar roster to ours, a worse cap situation, and a completely unproven coach. Very very realistic that Dennis Allen causes them to take a step back from last year. Sean Payton is probably one of the best 2-3 coaches of the last 25 years. If Dennis Allen took over the Patriots after BB….everyone would be saying they’re a dumpster fire. Because it’s NO and not a big market that change is flying under the radar. But it’s potentially franchise altering.

Edited by unicar15
  • Pie 1