• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers terminating Rock Hill project agreements

Dorian Gray

2 hours ago, CRA said:

that's my gut feeling.  He saw a window to tank it and did. 

Why do you need a training camp facility out of state.  Almost zero NFL teams travel for training camp.  Carolina was always abnormal in doing that.   Tepper probably hates coming to Charlotte enough as is.  Why go to RH. 

A newb and bad owner made the initial deal too quick.  The more he sat and watched time go by he realized it was dumb from a Carolina Panthers stand point.   We went to Wofford because that was Jerry's place.  No reason to be traveling for training camp.  Players and coaches hate it.  The org hates.  Fans like it.  Pending you live close by.   

They already spent significant money on the site, so I don't know why they would intentionally tank it.

I still believe this is just attempting to get a better deal for themselves from the local governments. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

They already spent significant money on the site, so I don't know why they would intentionally tank it.

I still believe this is just attempting to get a better deal for themselves from the local governments. 

Agreed.  I think he’s angling for the state to step in and they just might.  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

well, I would imagine Tepper would still be willing to totally screw RH/SC if this move presents that opportunity. 

I would suspect if it blows up...Tepper will wouldn't just walk away.  He would sue them to get his money back. 

I think Tepper has the pockets to contiuniously put RH in horrific positions. 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Despite the tough talk and Tepper’s aggressive acknowledgement of it, an olive branch has been extended. Of sorts.

“We have sent notices to the City to formally terminate the previous agreements,” the statement concludes. “Accordingly, we are prepared to sit down with the City and other interested parties to discuss the significant challenges ahead.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/19/panthers-officially-pull-plug-on-rock-hill-headquarters/

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You're wasting your time with him.  He is certain that there are hidden facts that will be revealed some day, some where, that will show that Tepper shares the blame. 

6 hours ago, travisura said:

Just build it in Charlotte. This whole "two states one team" thing is crap. South Carolinians generally don't give a sh-t about the Panthers.

North Carolinians don’t give a sh*t about the Panthers either. Most of y’all are Washington Commanders fans. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

that's my gut feeling.  He saw a window to tank it and did. 

Why do you need a training camp facility out of state.  Almost zero NFL teams travel for training camp.  Carolina was always abnormal in doing that.   Tepper probably hates coming to Charlotte enough as is.  Why go to RH. 

A newb and bad owner made the initial deal too quick.  The more he sat and watched time go by he realized it was dumb from a Carolina Panthers stand point.   We went to Wofford because that was Jerry's place.  No reason to be traveling for training camp.  Players and coaches hate it.  The org hates.  Fans like it.  Pending you live close by.   

2020 & 2021 TC locations were different from the usual because of COVID. Off the top of my head, Dallas still goes to Oxnard, CA. And a few teams go across state. Bills to Rochester, NY and Commanders (ugh I hate that name!) to Richmond, VA for example. The whole point of TC being out of town was to have the team all in 1 place; no going home after practice and meetings. Because of COVID some teams held TC at their stadiums last year.

• Pie 1