• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What I took from the Fitterer presser.

Zod

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This dumbass is going to trade our pick for pennies on the dollar just to make up for his past shitty mistake.   My hate for this organization grows by the second

Our pick is worth nothing because there's nobody that wants to trade into the top 6

6 hours ago, Zod said:

They are all in on trading down. Much of what he said was posturing for the best offer possible. 2 QBs worthy of the 6th pick? That was the tell. He went too far by saying something so silly.  

I personally found it humorous that told Sam that and Sam was ‘fine with it’

$18.5 reasons to be ‘fine with it’

not sure why Fitterer felt it necessary to give that info….I mean, no other team wants Darnold and his salary is guaranteed 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, poundaway said:

Getting two firsts would be nice.

Getting both of those 1sts would require us throwing in a player piece. The problem is we don’t really have great depth at any position unless we’re considering trading CMC. If you trade CMC you’d be dumb to draft one of these rookie QBs. He’s basically their only chance of succeeding. So….not sure how we get two 1sts.

If you do the points we’re about 350 points off the Eagles two 1st round picks. That’s a mid-second round pick. So question is do you start dealing picks next year in order to move down and acquire picks this year? 

Edited by unicar15

18 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

Yea there’s no reason to lie this time of year…

Everyone’s got it figured out 

I disagree. Especially with this draft where there is no clear cut number 1 player..

Or a number 1 QB ... I truly feel nobody has a clue of what the top 5 teams will do and that's why it's essential to keep your plans hidden and lie...

6 hours ago, Zod said:

They are all in on trading down. Much of what he said was posturing for the best offer possible. 2 QBs worthy of the 6th pick? That was the tell. He went too far by saying something so silly.  

If Evan Neal is there all that is over….he will be the guy

7 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This dumbass is going to trade our pick for pennies on the dollar just to make up for his past shitty mistake.   My hate for this organization grows by the second

when has he ever made a draft trade for pennies on the dollar? sounds like you’re hating just for the sake of hating.

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

I personally found it humorous that told Sam that and Sam was ‘fine with it’

$18.5 reasons to be ‘fine with it’

not sure why Fitterer felt it necessary to give that info….I mean, no other team wants Darnold and his salary is guaranteed 

He has no choice but to be fine with it.   After this year he will never be a starter again. 

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

Getting both of those 1sts would require us throwing in a player piece. The problem is we don’t really have great depth at any position unless we’re considering trading CMC. If you trade CMC you’d be dumb to draft one of these rookie QBs. He’s basically their only chance of succeeding. So….not sure how we get two 1sts.

If you do the points we’re about 350 points off the Eagles two 1st round picks. That’s a mid-second round pick. So question is do you start dealing picks next year in order to move down and acquire picks this year? 

Yeah I know.  Teams are willing to eat SOME points to get THE player they want but they aren't going to eat  350 points.  We'd have to give up picks next year or have a intermediate trade before 15 hoping a different  team will eat some of those points first, which is how many of us play it in the mock draft.   Its possible, but not realistic. 

3 hours ago, Camp Fodder said:

He has no choice but to be fine with it.   After this year he will never be a starter again. 

I know of no true number one  qb in the nfl who would be fine with it

If he is, and if what Scott F described is true, he is not someone iId ever want as  my number one option at qb   These guys are supposed to be leaders   

his money is guaranteed whether he is fine with it or not however and that’s also part of the problem but we all know this