• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral is here because of Ben McAdoo

Zod

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's a new one to me.

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

What the hell would you be taking tranquilizers on purpose for anyway? 

Its a joke form the dodgeball movie

dam huddlers, help out when some long-term members miss a joke form some 20 year movie...

I think it may have been trading a 2nd and 4th to get trade into the 2nd round and it would probably have been for Willis.  If we had gone that route then we'd probably have traded for Mayfield. 

Word is that Fitterer was close to pulling that trigger but didn't.  The thinking was probably he may continue to fall and we can still get Willis without losing our 2nd rounder and if we missed we still really liked Corral and Howell.

The when Willis went and Rattler soon after they knew they had to make a move or possible lose out so they worked the phones and ended up trading the 3rd next year and the 4th for the 3rd QB on our board.  I think they probably had something like Pickett / Willis 1st rounders, Correl 2nd, Howell 3rd.

It was probably a matter of Willis and losing a 2nd plus having the sign Baker or waiting to see if Willis kept dropping knowing they still really liked Correl and Howell.  I do believe Correl was #1 on McAdoo's list and that made waiting for whomever dropped so you could keep your 2nd rounder much easier. 

I think there was a lot of love from different people in the war room for all the QB's so it was just a matter of getting one of the top 4.  I think if we'd have gotten Willis we 100% would have traded for Baker to give Willis time to sit a whole year.  Correl was seen by McAdoo as being ready much sooner.

My .02.  Nothing set in stone.  Be flexible.  Have multiple paths to victory and don't put all your eggs in one basket.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Its a joke form the dodgeball movie

dam huddlers, help out when some long-term members miss a joke form some 20 year movie...

Can't say I'm familiar with that one, honestly.

I didn't think Dodgeball was funny.

5 hours ago, poundaway said:

The obsession with Rhule on this board borders on pathological.

He lives rent free in a lot of roomy heads.

🤣

1000%, and to see some of these ass clowns walking it back after a draft makes it even more weird and ridiculous.  

• Beer 1
  • The D 1

4 hours ago, CRA said:

well, I guess we will see how strong the Sam Darnold effect is. 

the last guy was getting HC interviews and everyone on his offense was having career production after one year.  And that was coming off historic collegiate offense. 

then came Sam.  Who was the worst starting QB in the NFL. 

So if McAdoo sucks with Sam?  Then Joe Brady was just a super talented yet green OC that Rhule threw under the bus because of his nightmare QB. 

Your continued defense of Brady is just as delusional as the Rhule/Darnold defenders. The common theme with Brady is he could not get the ball in the end zone…that was consistent no matter who his QB was, and that’s consistent with Teddy’s claim that we never practiced our red zone offense. That was clear to anyone who watched our games on Sundays. Brady was clueless there, and touchdowns are what win you games in the NFL. He was okay between the 20s which is why guys like Robby and Curtis had that “career production” you’re touting (i.e. yardage), but who cares if you can’t get the ball in the end zone.

It’s wild revisionism that you and others all of a sudden wanna go back and praise our 2020 offense in defense of Brady. No one at the time was praising our offense, and rightfully so because it was pretty terrible. 

• Beer 1

44 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

1000%, and to see some of these ass clowns walking it back after a draft makes it even more weird and ridiculous.  

I haven't seen anyone walk it back; if anything, people seem to be as anti-Rhule as ever. 

• Pie 1