• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Are The Chances that Christian McCaffrey Stays Healthy?

Pantha-kun

What Are the Chances that Christian McCaffrey Actually Stays Healthy?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Serious question. Do you think he'll actually stay healthy this season? If he does that would be huge.

• 100%
    • 95%
    • 90%
    • 80%
    • 70%
    • 60%
    • 50%
    • 40%
    • 30%
    • 20%
    • 10%
    • Below 10%
    • No chance. He's already injury prone and they will just keep accumulating until he retires sadly.

3 hours ago, panthers55 said:

I know it isn't credible because I talked to a guy who say he talked to a guy who is close to Christian and knows that CMC doesn't want to run up the middle anymore, he wants to be used more like Kamara. In space and out of the backfield on swing passes.  They said he will never complain and will do what is asked but feels his injuries are due to how he is being used.  Take it for what it is worth but I thought it was worthy of discussion. But I doubt he wants to stay if he is going to be beaten to death or he will last if we don't change how we use him.

It's our lines job to get him to the second level untouched. 

They are to blame period. Cmac against nothing but LBs and DBs is another story.

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's the argument you always have with a star player.

Limit their usage to save wear and tear but risk blunting their effectiveness, or play them to maximum usage at the risk of shortening their careers?

We had this same debate over how much to use Newton as a runner.

I hesitate to even call it limiting his usage because we don't need to give him the Todd Gurley treatment, just not the highest snapcount in the entire league like we've been. 

I've been on the "move him to the slot" train since he signed the extension reasoning that contact was terrible for a RB, which reality had proven, but good for att rb/slot hybrid.

Just use him exactly like we used Samuel and he'll easily give us a 1000 yards a season.

• Pie 1

The RB position is the most often injured position in football. Some of you like to pretend CMC is anomaly in this department when the real anomaly was him playing 98% of snaps 3 consecutive years WITHOUT injury. 

We are beating the hell out of this horse.

• Beer 1